Arcam matching

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Heybrook Heystak speakers finally gave up last night and it's not feasable to replace the part unfortunately. I've had these forever and my whole system was built around these speakers.

I have an Arcam A70 and P85 BiAmp setup with a Marantz Sa7002ki signiature and Linn LP12 Majik

Anyone else with these amps or similar like to comment on their setups? I have heard good things about The Monitor Audio PL floor standers. Budget is about 2500.

I'm trying to make me an audition list.

fizzyhair said:
My Heybrook Heystak speakers finally gave up last night and it's not feasable to replace the part unfortunately. I've had these forever and my whole system was built around these speakers. I have an Arcam A70 and P85 BiAmp setup with a Marantz Sa7002ki signiature and Linn LP12 Majik Anyone else with these amps or similar like to comment on their setups? I have heard good things about The Monitor Audio PL floor standers. Budget is about 2500. I'm trying to make me an audition list.

Hi

Okay - I'm very familiar with the A70 and Arcam in general. From personal experience of owning Arcam amps (approx 14 years), they do need careful speaker matching. A speaker that's tricky to drive Arcam can trip themselves up. However, the twist is your power amp, which gives the tepid A70 a real lift.

Firstly, I believe the PL range won't do the Arcs any favours: I love MA/Arcam combo, but the PLs will be, in my estimation, a step too far and the amps will struggle to express themselves.

If you're happy with Arcs, then the route I would go is PMC GB1is (or DB1is), Monitor Audio GX 100s, Focal 816 or similar, Totem Arro...

If you want a real change then look at my amp: Leema Pulse which matches well with PMC or Totem Arro. I've not looked back.

TRENDING THREADS