Arcam Delta 90.2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an elderly Arcam Delta 90.2 integrated amp powering a pair of KEF 104.2 Speakers.

I have always felts that these speakers need more power to do them justice.

2 Questions (1) what power amp would give me the best result. (2) how do I connect the two together as I still want to run 2 sets of speakers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Right, after writing this out on the other thread only to finish and find it removed, let's try again...

Are you using the 90.2 to drive both pairs at the same time? If so, what are the other pair of speakers? The 90.2 was only really designed to drive one pair of speakers - the direct and switched speaker outputs were chosen depending on whether headphones were used or not.

I would probably try and pick up something like an Audiolab 8000P power amp to just drive the KEF's, using the 90.2 as a pre-amplifier. You can then switch off the 8000P when you don't want to use the KEF's, then you can run the other speakers from the 90.2

Make sense? :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks David. That makes sence as I only use 1 pair of speakers at a time the Kef's being in the lounge and a small pair of Wharfedals modus in the dining room.

I know that this may sound stupid but would I connect the Delta to the Audiolab 8000P using speaker cable.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
A normal pair of phono cables from the 'pre out' on the back of the 90.2 to the inputs of the 8000P. I've used an 8000P before with 104/2's and it drives them very well - you should be able to pick one up used for about £250, give or take :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts