Arcam CD37 DAC or Pioneer SC-LX83 DAC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Not sure where to post this but was just looking for comments around the best setup of the Arcam CD37 and Pioneer SC-LX83 reciever.

Setup one: Use the Arcam CD37 Wolfson 8741 DAC through its analog connection to the Pioneer

or

Setup Two: Use the optical toss out of the Arcam CD37 to the Pioneer DAC (only info on the DAC I could find was that it is 32bit)

So optical toss or analog interconnects. I only have some crappy analog interconnects at the moment but that is a whole different debate.

Total setup is:

Pioneer SC-LX83

Arcam FMJ CD37

Monitor Audio GX100

What do people think?

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Traditional (ie my) thinking would be the Cd player DAC would be better.

This though sounds like the ideal opportunity for you to do a test! Hook both up (you can get an optical for £5 from thatcable), put a blind fold on, play some music and get someone to switch between the inputs not telling you which is which.

Stick with the one you like the best :)

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
From what I can see the Pioneer uses a 32 bit Asahi Kasei DAC chip. It is a good chip, but there is much more to digital-analogue conversion than the chip itself, so definitely give them both a go and see which you prefer.

The Asahi Kasei chip seems to be the favoured chip of many Japanese manufacturers at the moment and it is popping up everywhere, but I haven't compared many products using it. I know Esoteric for one are very keen on it and using it for all their latest equipment.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
UKMach said:
Not sure where to post this but was just looking for comments around the best setup of the Arcam CD37 and Pioneer SC-LX83 reciever.

Setup one: Use the Arcam CD37 Wolfson 8741 DAC through its analog connection to the Pioneer

or

Setup Two: Use the optical toss out of the Arcam CD37 to the Pioneer DAC (only info on the DAC I could find was that it is 32bit)

So optical toss or analog interconnects. I only have some crappy analog interconnects at the moment but that is a whole different debate.

Total setup is:

Pioneer SC-LX83

Arcam FMJ CD37

Monitor Audio GX100

What do people think?

I think that you should try for yourself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts