Cheap compact AMP/DAC with 65W or max 100W per channel

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Hello,

Would it be possible to obtain some suggestions for an amp like described on subject?

I just received a Wiim Mini, which I want to use as dedicated network streamer only. Then I would connect it to an AMP/DAC through optical cable and play Qobuz on the maximum high res available...

I like the compactness of the NAD models D 3020 V2 or the 3045. Do you know about other similar models from different brands?

Thanks in advance
Fabio

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Not yet. I have only the Wiim Mini at the moment. I have some preferences in terms of speakers, still a bit confused but managed to short list some models. Probably will buy them during the coming weeks.
I feel very attracted to the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 in terms of specifications (my ideal ones) and found them used on eBay for about £200....but also like models like the Q Acustics 3030i, or the B&W S6 Anniversary edition (but a bit too expensive for my purpose).

Are the Q Acoustics’ M20 good for high resolution music in terms of impedance and frequency response? I wish there were more powered (not active) models around £500/£700 in the market so to have a minimal configuration. This "HIFI system" is for my studio, while for the living room I will buy something better in the future (just moved in) so this is why I am trying to stay minimalistic.

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
I have a pair of Philips Fidelio X2HR for already few years, they sound very good to me, so not under discussion, and using them with a Fiio Q1 II and my iPhone. I want to replace that DAC but this is another story:)

Gray

I wish there were more powered (not active) models around £500/£700 in the market
If you haven't already, check out Adam T5 / T7 models.
Several reviews rate them way better than their price suggests.
Apart from only being available in black, their biggest drawback might be the rear port. If you can get over those issues.......
At £300 for the pair, the T5 would leave you plenty of money for a DAC to feed them with.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirfabio

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts