Arcam AVR600 review coming any time soon?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Any plans for a Group Test of these high end amps. It wound be interesting to see all these 5 Star amps from Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon and Arcam in a shoot out!

A

Anonymous

Will the flagship Onkyo PR-SC886 be reviewed anytime as well?

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot, Will, for letting me know the verdict for this A/V Receiver.

I do not subscribe to What Hi Fi (tried once), but have been faithfully purchasing this magazine from a local newsagency for a fairly long time.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Now, if only someone here can tell us who won the AV receiver Group Test... :)

A

Anonymous

Is there a big hitters receiver group test?

Pioneer
Denon
Yamaha
Arcam

Who else will be on the list?
There are pre-pro options to consider too, from Onkyo as mentioned above and their 906 is due to be replaced this summer, though that's in the price category below the bunch listed above. The new Sony, 6400 is about to come out. So that should also be worth watching out for. Anyone else?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
seakingadvice:Now, if only someone here can tell us who won the AV receiver Group Test... :)

As Andy said, reviews should be online next week, and then all will become clear. So New York readers will be happy.

Actually almost all the reviews from that Group Test are now online, and the rest will go up - well, in his own words, "when Mr Clough decides"

A

Anonymous

As the Arcam wasn't in a Group Test, which one are we talking about? The one that the Sony 5400 won? Or the Group Test from Ultimate Guides which included most of the aforementioned amps quite some months ago?

A

Anonymous

I'm hardly surprised. But at the top end, the Arcam is going to have a fight on it's hands to beat the Denon AVC-A1HDA which is a similar price. Will the legendary Arcam leaning towards musicality win the day? Hard to know what to make of the Arcam, first it was announced at just over £2,000 and then £3,000 and now £3,000. Well what are the components inside like? At what standard do they sit?

A

Anonymous

Oops, typo. That's what I meant. And 5 stars at that price too. They must have produced a corker.

A

Anonymous

The Denon AVC-A1HDA is ridiculously priced here. Actually, all top-of-the-line Denon's sold in Australia are ridiculously priced. The AVC-A1HDA here retails for almost twice the price of the Arcam AVR600.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Looks like you'd better order the Arcam.

Mine should be here in a week or so. In the meantime, I've just bought some new speakers (second hand) amazing doesn't begin to do them justice. Can't wait for the Arcam to power them!!! This is the end game. No further upgrades will be needed. :)

A

Anonymous

Congratulations on your purchase, Will. This certainly looks like a wonderful unit. In Western Australia, there are only 2 dealers of Arcam. Neither one has the AVR600 on display for demo purposes. Neither one has any of the AVR600 in stock.

Please do let us know here your thoughts of this unit.

I am finding it difficult to figure out if I would be obtaining any improvements, if I were to sell my Marantz AV8003 Pre-Amplifier/Processor and NAD Masters Series M25 7-channel Power Amplifier, to purchase an AVR600. I thought long and hard about going the fully separates route and have been absolutely convinced about their benefit, so to revert back to a Receiver is what I shall be thinking long and hard about.

Conversely, Arcam is releasing its AV888 Processor/Pre-Amplifier and matching P777 7-channel Power Amplifier. However, here in Australia, they are going to cost a massive amount of money.

Dan.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
To be fair, I think the new Arcam pre/power's going to cost a lot wherever you buy it! Very excited to hear it, though - we should be getting Arcam AV888/P777 review sample sometime next month....

A

Anonymous

Once again, thank you very much, Clare.

I shall probably end up purchasing the AV888 Processor, and stick with my much-loved NAD M25 Power Amplifier.

Back to the AVR600, even though it costs significantly less than the Denon AVC-A1HDA and Yamaha RX-Z11, Pioneer 'Susano' SC-LX90, I would say that a mega test between these Receivers must be warranted? Get my hint?!
emotion-4.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hint taken! Though as a matter of course we'd always comparatively test them before naming our high-end favourite as part of our Awards line-up in October. We've got a summer of great judging to come
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:To be fair, I think the new Arcam pre/power's going to cost a lot wherever you buy it! Very excited to hear it, though - we should be getting Arcam AV888/P777 review sample sometime next month....
When is the review of the AV888 to be expected?

And how is the AV888 compared to the Marantz AV8003 with both (analogue) stereo and (HD) surround?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts