ARCAM AVR500 OVERHEATS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Arcam AVR500 overheats too often, sometimes after only one hour working. I have sent several emails to Arcam's support but they haven't answered. I sent it to be checked, but technical support take several months to repair units, at least in my country. Has anybody had the same problem?

It is located in open air. It shuts down after one or two hours working, a brief mesage appears on the screen.. It seems it's a quite general problem, a very important flaw.

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
When you say overheats, does it switch off? how do you know it is overheating, my AVR600 can get pretty hot, had it on for 7 hours straight on Saturday night without a hitch.

A

Anonymous

I had mine for 3-4 months and then it started to over heat. It got very hot before cutting out.

Searched the web and it's not an uncommon problem. Sent it back to Arcam and it was fixed free of charge. They changed and tweaked a couple of things inside and added an extra fan.

Been OK since.

Simon

A

Anonymous

if it over heats it will tell you before it shuts its self down. then the power light flashes, mine did this once after being push hard. mine is in a rack with open front and open back with a glass shelve above it so i was asking for trouble. after it over heated once i installed a computer fan at the rear left (hottest part seems to be the front left) to suck air throught the rack and help with ventilation and have not had a problem since. or you could move it into free air and see if the problem persists.

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem with my Arcam amp. I went through 4 AVR300's and 2 AVR350's in less than 3 years. They kept cutting out and turning themselves off. Arcam didn't want to know and my ex-Dealer ( Hi-Fi Corner Edinburgh, who are a waste of time) blamed me for overdriving them, then blamed the electricity supply in my house and all sort of idiotic excuses. I eventually demanded a Pioneer SC-LX82 as a replacement and have had no problems at all and it is in the same spot the Arcam amps sat.

Arcam know their Amps are trouble but don't want to know. Check the forums as I did and you will find a lot more people with problems like yours.

A

Anonymous

It is located in open air. It shuts down after one or two hours working,
a brief mesage appears on the screen.. It seems it's a quite general
problem, a very important flaw.

A

Anonymous

No, it is located in open air. As anyone can imagine I am very dissapointed and surprised.

A

Anonymous

Hi ANB

what are ypur speakers and when it shuts down what source and what volume is the amp set to ? ill crank mine up and see what happens.

A

Anonymous

Speakers KEF iQ 90 front, iQ 50 rear, iQ 60 center. Front bi-amp. Temperature increases very rapidly afer one hour (you can watch it through the engineer menu). Usually it gets worse with PS3 and sat box, but also happened with Blue Ray (Cambridge Audio Azur650 BD).

I tried to use a hi-fi fan, but was useless.

TRENDING THREADS