arcam and acoustic energy

lufc1992

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,im in proccess of buying an arcam alpha 9 intergrated amp and have been offered a pair of acoustic energy aegis 2 floorstanders.Would they match well ?.I will be using them with a arcam 7se cd and van damme blue cable and interconnects.On a side note i have the chance of the floor standers and a pair of aegis one bookshelfs for £110 would that be a good deal ?.Thanks for any help its all appreciated :).

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been running an arcam alpha 9 and acoustic energy system for many years and they do go well together. I have the older AE120's

lufc1992

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.I have read that the 120s are a really good match im just unsure if the model i have been offered are as good as yours im starting to think i might be better off waiting for a pair of 120s on ebay they may be a safer bet.

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
you can pick up the 120's for next to nothing nowadays, I saw a mint pair going for £60 a couple of months back. The AE 109's are also a good match and a more balanced speaker in a lot of opinions. I bought the 120's as I'm a bit of a bass junkie (or was).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts