Arcam A32 Good or Bad?

A

Anonymous

I think this is an excellent amp and one of the best Arcam's I've heard. Put some pre-powers in the shade too and very flexible.

A

Anonymous

Ok cheers guys! He was thinking of either buying one of those after I recommended Arcam or upgrading Wharfedale 9.6s to B&W CM7s or similar floorstanders and I said an amplifier upgrade (from a Rotel 900 something) would be the best move. Am I wrong?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If he's seriously looking at going over to the B&W CM7's then the Arcam would be spot on.

The CM7's are superb speakers and even better when partnered with a very good amp, like the Arcam A32. It would also be worth considering the Cyrus 8v2 amp as that is what my girlfriend has as well as the Cyrus 8 CDP and the B&W CM7 speakers. Its a fantastic combo.

Both the Arcam and Cyrus amps can be upgraded with the power amp as well so the soundstage would be opened up even further and the speakers would sound amazing.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Arcam A32 is very good, big soundstage and have more grunt than many other Arcam. I suppose you already know where to find a cheap-ish one!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"] I suppose you already know where to find a cheap-ish one!
emotion-5.gif
[/quote]

Yep I do! There's a couple on there actually and I'm considering buying one myself for just £800. However, do any of you think my Wharfedale EVO2 30s and CD73 will be up to the job, because I can't afford another upgrade! LOL!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Much better to but decent bits and upgrade gradually rather than buy something that's not going to sound too much better when you do get round to upgrading the speakers and CD player.

A

Anonymous

It's a good amp if you like that sort of sound. There's a few options at that sort of price and I would suggest that the decent ones are simply different rather than good or bad. What's it's retail? £1300? I wonder whether you'd prefer the Naim or a second hand Creek Destiny...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts