Arcam A19 upgrade speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
paulselwood said:
First I have listen to you all. Second the dynaudio 2/6 are easy to drive speakers. Third I have 3 demos, with the marantz 610 plus my arcam a19. and last yes I have been reputable stores. All shops do is want your money.

I had all in one systems before, when I live in fat.. Then move house got separates again. The main reason I wanted demo on marantz 610, if that some time in the future if I move, to a small flat I know that the marantz will work well with the speakers.

Also if you do a search marantz & DM 2/6, people do have that set up and are happy with it.

So why do you think the dyn will not work well with the marantz.? ? ?

Paul

Ignore the naysayers...

If you've heard the Marantz 610 with the Dyn DM 2/6's and you think they're a great match, then that's all that matters!

I, in the past, had the MCR603 and had with with all sorts of speakers from M/A BX5's to B&W CM5's to KEF LS50's to Neat Motive 2's and it never skipped a beat. A great sounding all in one system with plenty of power to drive those speakers and it'll drive the Dyn's well also

Fully agree re the all in one systems, if they can do all you need and sound great to boot; then go for it!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Well the 2/6s are rated at 86db @ 4ohms, must be one of the least sensitive around? wHF review says they need punchy amp to shine. The 610 is not very powerful, 30w I believe, even then distortion is high, even amps like Arcam and Creek can have problems driving 4,ohm speakers.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The CR610 is 60wpc...

It'll drive the Dyns without any issues whatsoever

As I've said, having owned the previous 603 and driven some pricey speakers with it and not easy to drive speakers, it never struggled!

Paul, buy the Dyn's, you'll not regret it!

paulselwood

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I now listen to 11 speakers, some of them 2 or 3 times.

The top three on my list are as follow.

1) B&W 685 s2. These would be a safe bet. But the vocals, did not stand out much. But there was more detail. Also they sound like my epos epic 1, but with more kick. I did like the top end on these.

2) Dynaudio DM 2/6. I heard these four times now. The vocals stand out on these, plus more detail. But they had some boom in them. I think the boom would go. Also it sound very good at lower midrange.

3) Dali Ikon 1MK2. Like the vocals on these a lot. But I feel they would be bright with some songs. Plus bass felt a bit thin. But overall they did sound good..

I would just like to demo these speakers in same shop. But that a no go.

paulselwood

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well today I pick up the B&W 685 s2. These speakers are much clearer than my epos epic 1. The first record I play, had a lot of boom :(, but now has settle down a bit. There is more detail, and speakers do not shout as much, which I like.

paulselwood

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well have the 685 s2 few days now. Great for TV & Movies. But music is bit too bright for me :(. Now not happy. What next take then back. Maybe buy epos K1, or somethink else. Is there anyway I can make then not as bright. I but speakers grills on, speakers not toe in. I turn then upside down too, should be no need for this.

Please help

TRENDING THREADS