arcam A19 + MA silver 6

Mrcrazer

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello experts ,

I am newbie and learning . Have read few comment and ideas about this set . However , I really need the reality .

Is A19 strong enough for MA silver 6 ? if not which way to strengthen it ?

Or other bookself speakers ( in the money range with Silver 6 ) can play well with A19 ? I listen to vocal , light jazz , romantic songs .

Thanks all.

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
manicm said:
I don't see anything wrong with that combo, but investigate KEF LS50 too - but with good stands.

Disagree!

Arcam A18 isn't powerful enough for Kef LS50. They need more muscles for optimal performance.

Mrcrazer

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
manicm said:
I don't see anything wrong with that combo, but investigate KEF LS50 too - but with good stands.

@manicm : thanks for your advice . How the sound will be if Kef speaker is hooked by Arcam amp ?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Mrcrazer said:
Andrewjvt said:
You will find the arcam a19 and ma silver 6 very romantic

?

@Andrepwjvt :  is A19 strong enough ? let's say this combo for room 15 m2. Thanks .

?

On how loud you play but its not a large room and the ma are pretty efficient as well as the arcam i think 80w so you should be fine.

Although i am a great believer in higher power amplifiers for greater control.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Mrcrazer said:
I see the A19 power is 50W while MA Silver 6 requests 60-150W . Is that a concern ?

thanks all.

But if it were me id go for the a29 for about 300 bucks more. It sjould be fine though as long as you dont want party level volume but id also wait for another a19 owner to confirm as there are lots on here

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
[/quote]

The energetic LS50s would complement the somewhat laid back A19 well. And WHF recommend the pairing.

[/quote]

don't believe everything you read in the press *yes3*

jerryapril

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Listen to and buy a Marantz PM8005. Sounds much better than A19, A29 and A39.

With MA Silver 6 anyway.

And... you save! (Peter Tyson)

Have a nice day!

iceman16

Andrewjvt said:
Mrcrazer said:
I see the A19 power is 50W while MA Silver 6 requests 60-150W . Is that a concern ?

thanks all.

But if it were me id go for the a29 for about 300 bucks more. It sjould be fine though as long as you dont want party level volume but id also wait for another a19 owner to confirm as there are lots on here

+1 for the A29

Mrcrazer

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

The energetic LS50s would complement the somewhat laid back A19 well. And WHF recommend the pairing.

[/quote]

don't believe everything you read in the press *yes3*

[/quote]

Anyway, is there any commment or experience on playing Arcam amp with KEF speakers such as R100 and R300 ? Please share your thoughts .

thanks.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think while Flagship Arcams suit well to Kef Ref and Ls50 i found the rest of the line boring with speakers of the Kef R-Line.But thats only my opinion.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
obiwan kenobi said:
Agree. i've heard the Kef R500 and the R300. Especially the R300 are very dull and boring sounding. But also the R500; no fun while listening.

I didn´t mean R-Series sound boring,just think they need more neutral and exciting/clean amps than Arcam not to sound boring.But depends also to room.In a cold minimalist furnished room it could be ok.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Esra said:
obiwan kenobi said:
Agree. i've heard the Kef R500 and the R300. Especially the R300 are very dull and boring sounding. But also the R500; no fun while listening.

?

I didn´t mean R-Series sound boring,just think they need more neutral and exciting/clean amps than Arcam not to sound boring.But depends also to room.In a cold minimalist furnished room it could be ok. 

Dont worry they are not boring sounding. I feel they are good at bringing out the emotion of a vocal well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts