Apple have discontinued the iPod Classic 160GB?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In the Buyers Guide section page 129, WHAT HI-FI April 2010 edition it states that Apple have discontinued the iPod Classic 160GB?

Is this the end of the line for the Classic or are they bringing out something of even higher capacity?

I ask as my 120GB iPod classic is close to full and I need to decide what to do next and don't want to buy now if something bigger is coming.

At the same time, if there is nothing new coming I might need to get a 160GB iPod now, whilst stocks last

I have tried the Apple site including live chat but cannot get any information on product range

Does anyone know more?

Paul.

The Classic isn't discontinued as far as I know, but the rumour sites have pointed out Toshiba (the classics hard disk supplier) have announced a 220GB 1.8" hard disk. iPods usually get upgraded in September though.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Although not discontinued, the Classic isn't an 'active' Apple model; the current version didn't get refreshed in last September's annual iPod overhaul.

Apple has not been able to tell us how long stocks will last of the current Classic design, or indeed whether it will be updated in the future. Not helpful!

As noted above, I wouldn't expect to see any new model until September at earliest (if at all).

In the meantime, i'll get that Buyer's Guide text amended to be more clear.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I wouldn't have expected an update on a product that's supposed to look and function as the 'Classic' does? Would that not defeat it's purpose?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

manicm

Classic still listed on God's website (no blasphemy intended). But judging from the last 2 models I doubt He'll bless a new one with better sound quality.

On another note, in a recent photograph with Russian's president during his American visit the Man looked frighteningly gaunt and thin.

Paul.

God has had a Whipple procedure and finds it difficult to retain bodyfat

Whipple-operation%5B1%5D.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts