Anyone seen Blade Runner 2049 in UHD? What a picture!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Rented of Play.com for 99p in UHD and wow! So good.

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
gel said:
Anyone seen Blade Runner 2049 in UHD?

I'm hoping to see it in 31 years time.
regular_smile.png

More here on it:

https://www.avforums.com/review/blade-runner-2049-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-review.14515

10 out of 10.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
To spend my days watching loads of movies but alas I have to work

Im lucky to watch one movie every 3 weeks and have blade Runner on my list of movies I want to watch.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I've got the BD on top of my player right now, but like Andrewjvt I just haven't had time to watch it, my cousin rated it very highly which is always a good recommendationn to me.

Might be quite some time before I ever see it in 4k though *sad*

D

Deleted member 2457

I must admit I am sticking the TV HDR mode in vivid to get the most from it.

D

Deleted member 2457

davidf said:
I’d avoid vivid, unless you’ve gone through the settings to calm it down - wholly unnatural to me, and way too ‘in your face’.
Yep, I am going back to Hdr bright and Standard for normal tv. Cheers.

Sliced Bread

Andrewjvt said:

Im lucky to watch one movie every 3 weeks and have blade Runner on my list of movies I want to watch.

My suggetion is that when you do watch it, make sure you don't have any interuptions. This film is so immersive, you'll want total silence so you can really appreciate how good the soundscape is :)

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Sliced Bread said:
My suggetion is that when you do watch it, make sure you don't have any interuptions. This film is so immersive, you'll want total silence so you can really appreciate how good the soundscape is :)
You've raised a good point there Sliced Bread, I've found that when I have watched any films recently I've been grabbing my tablet to look up an actor I've noticed in the film, or where it's been filmed or something else about the film. This generally led to me looking up other things and consequently not paying sufficient attention to the film, so from now on I'm putting the tablet in another room so I can concentrate, sounds like I'm going to need to with Blade Runner 2049 *good*

Diamond Joe said:
You've raised a good point there Sliced Bread, I've found that when I have watched any films recently I've been grabbing my tablet to look up an actor I've noticed in the film, or where it's been filmed or something else about the film. This generally led to me looking up other things and consequently not paying sufficient attention to the film, so from now on I'm putting the tablet in another room so I can concentrate, sounds like I'm going to need to with Blade Runner 2049 *good*
Guilty! Always looking stuff up, from actors to locations, plus other stuff. Quite often I’ll miss complete scenes without even realising it. Although these are films I’ve seen before, rather than watching something for the first time.

241 films logged this year so far.

D

Deleted member 2457

Anyone on here got Rakuten TV? You can watch and sign up for free and watch trailers in UHD and HDR for free! Pretty amazing I am lovin it. Only just joined too. They have a big selection too.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
davidf said:
241 films logged this year so far.
Ho

Lee

Carp

That's a lot of films *shok*

I bet I've only just got into double figures.

I did find one interesting (?) snippet of information watching Ghostbusters a few weeks ago: the receptionist at Ghostbusters (Annie Potts) now plays MeeMaw in Young Sheldon, her thick Noo Yoik accent had me thrown for a while.

Sorry gel, I'm veering wayyyy off topic, I'll shut up now, except to say I've never tried Rakuten TV, might be worth a try though *good*

Sliced Bread

Diamond Joe said:
Sliced Bread said:

You'll love it Joe :)

Diamond Joe said:
Sliced Bread said:
My suggetion is that when you do watch it, make sure you don't have any interuptions.  This film is so immersive, you'll want total silence so you can really appreciate how good the soundscape is :)
You've raised a good point there Sliced Bread, I've found that when I have watched any films recently I've been grabbing my tablet to look up an actor I've noticed in the film, or where it's been filmed or something else about the film. This generally led to me looking up other things and consequently not paying sufficient attention to the film, so from now on I'm putting the tablet in another room so I can concentrate, sounds like I'm going to need to with Blade Runner 2049 *good*
You'll love Google Play movies. Whichever actor is on the screen, shows up on your phone and you can check details about the actor straightaway.

davidf said:
bigboss said:

You'll love Google Play movies. Whichever actor is on the screen, shows up on your phone and you can check details about the actor straightaway.
The more I read about things like this, the more I'm convinced the human race will end up like they were depicted in Wall.E
:D

I'm assuming you've watched parts of Google I/O conference which gives a glimpse of what is to come!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Sliced Bread said:
Andrewjvt said:

My suggetion is that when you do watch it, make sure you don't have any interuptions.  This film is so immersive, you'll want total silence so you can really appreciate how good the soundscape is :)

That's how I used to watch movies but now have an 8 month little monster to compete with.
We have to pause every 20 minutes or so make sure he's ok etc or he's crying from his top teeth drilling through.
Hopefully I'll be able to watch a full movie once every few weeks in a few years haha

Sliced Bread

Andrewjvt said:
Sliced Bread said:
Andrewjvt said:

That's how I used to watch movies but now have an 8 month little monster to compete with. We have to pause every 20 minutes or so make sure he's ok etc or he's crying from his top teeth drilling through. Hopefully I'll be able to watch a full movie once every few weeks in a few years haha

Oh I hear you bud. I have an 8 & 2 year old. Don’t worry he’ll sleep through before long and you’ll start to get your evenings back

simonali said:
I'm waiting for the price to drop, as twenty five quid is too steep for a not very good film. Not gonna buy it just coz it looks good...
You know when you wish a sequel could be made that is worthy of being called a sequel to a classic movie? This is one of the finest examples you’ll come across. Not without its faults, but of the BR fans I know, none have thought it as anything but excellent.

Well worth £25 - particularly when people seem to be buying a fair amount of rubbish just because it’s 4K (maybe not even that!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts