Anyone heard the new Musical Fidelity M3i integrated amp?

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
bump - cos im very curious too. finally a nice looking amp from MF, if it sounds as good as its predecessors its going on the short list.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, I've been looking at the M3i as a possible contender too. It would be interesting to see how it fares against the Cyrus/ Naim / Roksan amplifiers at that price point.

A

Anonymous

Out of interest, the_dude2, is it worth getting an old CD player 'Audiocomm'd'?

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I had a chance to listen to M3i and the matching M3 CDP last week. It was running an AAd speaker which I cant recall the model.

The set up gacve a very spacious soundstage even at lower volumes. The bass was tight and clarity was even better. However, hooking up an X-Ray V3 CDP, I did not notice much different. SO it was hard to say whether it was much more better than the X series.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The m3i got 5 stars in the Hifi Choice Magazine.

I did demo the m6i on B&W 804s and bass was fantastic, but overall sound was boring. You guys think this is a MF problem, B&W problem or just the match?

I ask this because Iam thinking to swap my NAD 355+545CD into the MF m3i amp+cd or a Unison Unico amp+cd for my Monitor audio RS6 speakers.

Any other suggestions for upgrading my NAD gear?

A

Anonymous

poldo, I had an MF and B&W combo in the past (I still have the B&W CDM1s) and would say the boring culprit would be the speakers, not so much the amp. Despite this I strangely still have the speakers but not the amp, but only due to circumstance. Also the B&W do look great.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I think i gonna book a demo for the m3i with my Monitor audio rs6 soon.

You guys no any more amps who are nice with de Monitor Audio rs6? in the 1000 pounds category?

I like a touch warm sound with good bass control, bit analogue sound (don't know the good word ;-))

A

Anonymous

i'm running the big brother m6i atm. bass attack and decay are like pouring chocolate sauce all over a naked lingerie model... amazing in other words!!

the middle and treble absolutely suit the before mentioned sound also. crisp and detailed but not to clinical - still with a very slight analogue warmth.

if the m3i is anything like this then i can't recommend it enough!!!

TRENDING THREADS