Anyone have the LG PX990?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

Anyone got one, are they happy any issues to report, seems the best 50" for 950.00 right now.

Any thoughts before I buy.

I know what hi-fi gave 5 stars, but would like some real world use.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I was just about to post a thread querying the lack of supply of this TV. After returning my 50VT20, looks like the PX990 might be the best alternative but I can't find anywhere to demo it.

There have been some owners complaining about some issues on another forum but not anything significant IMO (usual LG QC issues and 2D to 3D conversion). More worryingly, there now seems to be less retailers selling this TV than in the past few weeks. Seeing as this is the world's first 3D THX certified TV, and with the lead up to Xmas, you would think LG would be pulling out all the stops to flog this. I'm worried that perhaps LG have identified a problem and have stopped supplying retailers otherwise, why is supply reducing?

I'm definitely tempted to buy from Robert Whyte, but don't want to buy without having first seen the TV for myself.

A

Anonymous

Yeh some have said the blacks are not as good as the panasonic, but still great.

Not heard to much else really.

And the reason why they might not have any stock as it seems to be an amazing TV for the price.

Have not heard of anyone returning it.

Maybe I might wait for another month or so, I am sure there will be sale just before or after x-mas, as not too many people wanting big budget stuff just before xmas

A

Anonymous

I think you'd be doing the right thing waiting 5 or 6 weeks. By then there might be more owner feedback, cheaper prices in the sales, and hopefully cheaper prices anyway if there's more retailers stocking the TV, not to mention more choice as to who you buy from.

Would be interesting to hear from Frank Harvey or other retailers on this forum about the situation of obtaining stock from LG.

TRENDING THREADS