Is the LG OLED C1 65" a great deal or should I wait?

lawrencenagel

Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
I'm trying to build a home theater and home audio setup from scratch and I don't know what to buy first. I really want to focus my spending on audio, but I need a TV. I'm seeing the LG OLED C1 65" for around $1,599 at Amazon and Best Buy. Is this too good a deal to pass up? I don't need the latest and greatest technology in my TV. I finally wore out a 2008 Samsung and I haven't had a TV for a couple years, so anything would be nice, but I don't want to be too hasty and just grab the first deal I find. But I've never owned a nice home sound system and I will be much pickier about that than the TV. I just don't want to pass up a no-brainer deal if this, in fact, is one.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

I can't comment on whether the deal is good or not because most forum members here are based in the UK. The same TV here is being sold for £1599. It's certainly a very good TV and you won't be disappointed.

With regards to the sound system, what are you planning? A soundbar setup or a dedicated multichannel setup with speakers, subwoofer and AV receiver? What's your budget and room size?

Reactions: lawrencenagel

lawrencenagel

Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
I can't comment on whether the deal is good or not because most forum members here are based in the UK. The same TV here is being sold for £1599. It's certainly a very good TV and you won't be disappointed.

With regards to the sound system, what are you planning? A soundbar setup or a dedicated multichannel setup with speakers, subwoofer and AV receiver? What's your budget and room size?
Thank you for the reply!

I live in an apartment and the living room area is about 3m wide by 4.2m deep. Wood floors and the living room and kitchen space is all one open area.

My story is I always wanted a nice home sound system, but never got around to it. Music is my biggest passion and I have been limited to headphones and listening in my car. So I was hoping to buy a sound system for maybe 2,000 USD or so that gives me stereo speakers and a way to stream music. I do want a turntable, which I haven't owned since I was a kid. But I don't have a big vinyl collection (yet).

My last system was a Samsung 52" TV and HTIB I bought back in 2008. The HTIB was a 5.1 and it sounded plenty good for movies and TV, but it was ghastly-sounding when listening to music. I just want to be able to sit down on my sofa and listen to music and have it sound really good. I realize that I can't blast it really loud in an apartment, so if that's a factor in choosing gear, it's not a big one for me.

I do also need a TV and something to play the sound from it. I'm not a gamer, so the TV would be for stuff like streaming movies and TV shows and maybe eventually a BluRay.

Would an AV receiver be the right thing? This is where I'm just a noob. What little I knew about home theater is ancient history now. I hear that you can buy one sound system that works for both music and video, but build around one or the other. I would rather have really good sound for music.

I would welcome any suggestions. I don't have a fortune to spend, but if there's a major leap that happens at some price level I would consider spending a little more. I just don't want to build a system that blows me away watching movies but is lacking when I'm listening to my jazz favorites.

Thank you again!

lawrencenagel

Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
It’s a great TV getting 5 stars out of 5 on here and 6 10 out of 10s on AVF. You can’t better that. And getting called the best TV on Cnet.com for 2022!
Thank you! Yes, I saw those ratings and it sure seems like a good buy for me. Even if I add my sound system later, I hear the TV has a built-in sound system that isn't awful. So I could get by for a few months with just the TV while I contemplate speakers, a receiver, etc...

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Thank you! Yes, I saw those ratings and it sure seems like a good buy for me. Even if I add my sound system later, I hear the TV has a built-in sound system that isn't awful. So I could get by for a few months with just the TV while I contemplate speakers, a receiver, etc...
I don’t see why not there are various sound settings eg standard, cinema and AI sound etc. These all add to the sound experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts