Anyone got any thoughts about the Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amp?

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Be great to hear your thoughts on this amp,iv'e been offered one for £725 by a local dealer.

They have recomended this over the Music fidelity M3I which they also stock.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I own the Roksan Kandy and it is a very good amp : neutral , natural and punchy bass however I heard the MF M3i and it is a good amp as well

has detailed and worm sound , a very tough decision . I recommend you to demo both and if can with your speakers before buying .

Joshuamessenger

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I brought a k2 over m3i think they are both wonderful bits of equipment.

i found the m3i when testing with kef q700 and MA rx8 was more a classical music sounding amp, were it was bright and open in the mids. I found there was not much bass but did give the speakers a very open sosounds

i chose the k2 as I found it gave more punch to the low end and drive the speakers with more drive it also had a good sound stage with open mids and tops. I like a warm sound and this amp provided me this and for the price it was perfect for me.

About the price I think even if they cost the same I would have gone for the roksan, but I would personally say its more on the bass side of music, as to the MF m3i would be a good amp for chill out clasical music but it was clear to tell the amps apart in my test of them.

Hope it helps you :)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts guys,very much appreciated.:)

The more i read the more i'm swayed towards the kandy(plus its £200+cheaper)

GSB said:
Be great to hear your thoughts on this amp,iv'e been offered one for £725 by a local dealer.

They have recomended this over the Music fidelity M3I which they also stock.

Is the Kandy new or ex-dem?

Yes the K2 is a very competent amp, pretty much lives up to the hype of the reviews. No idea how it compares to the MF M3i, but I would guess the MF would give you different dynamic and presentation to the Kandy.

dansettemajor

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Roksan K2 and think it is a superb amplifier. It has a firm and well controlled bass, a detailed mid band and treble, and seems to really draw you into whatever music is played through it. I also use the K2 power amp in a bi amped system which gives an even more expansive sound stage and effortless power. The inbuilt phono stage is pretty good too, very quiet and detailed.

I would thoroughly recommend it, although ultimately you should hear it for yourself. My wife and I auditioned it against the Marantz Pearl Lite, using our own Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD player and some large KEF floorstanders and it was obvious to both of us that the Roksan had a sound that gave more insight into the music, more 'emotion' if you like!

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Also have a listen to the Marantz K1 pearl lite - i recently heard this and the kandy at a dealers - both were very good but i marginally preferred the marantz pearl lite. Try it with the speakers you use. I heard them both trough Kef LS50s. I preferred the pearl lite

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I own the k2 amp and power amp. Went for a demo with kef r500 today. It sounded awful.....like playing under water. Then demoed the naim 5i slightly better but a little bright and lacking clarity. I then tried the naim xs. Amazing......have put the k2 up for sale ....oh well.

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If you do like it i have a new k2 amp and used k2 power amp for sale for £900
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS