Anyone experienced the ProAc Studio 110s standmounts?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I don't seem to be able to find anywhere to audition these speakers with the components I want (Marantz SA8003 and Marantz PM8003). Having heard about how honest and accurate they are with all types of music, I am very interested in them. Just wondered if any one had these speakers and also was curious to hear what people thought about the bass presentation provided by them!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi there

I recentlyÿacquiredÿa pairÿand absolutely love em ,in fact its seriously hard to switch em off , they make you wanna keep listening, great speaker and they keep sounding better , long run in time on em though.

Bass is great on them but remember they are a small speaker and cannot compare with the degree of bass from aÿfloor stander.

I've owed heybrook floorstanders in the past and extensively demoed the 685's and Mezzo 2's but with the proAc'sÿi thought the bass wayÿsuperior.

Its not quite as up there in the presentation as perhaps the others but its easier to follow, more clear and you can hear the texture and tone of bass notes really well, ÿsomething the othersÿdidn'tÿdo so well.

I've no experience with marantz stuff , but i would say avoid bright sounding gear and pick an amp that does bass well and you'll be very happy with them. hope this helps.

ÿ

ÿ

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i'd describe them as lovely, lovely speakers but they are a little bass light. even given the size i think the bass is a touch light, but as drumlins says, the bass is really fast and you can easily hear the differences in the bass notes, texture and so on. with components that err on the tonally warm side i can't say i've heard anything to top them at the price, not that i've heard everything in that price bracket. having said that, i still prefer my dyns, i couldn't do without the bass impact, but they're not really at the same price anymore.

A

Anonymous

Is it true that the Dyna's are quiteÿdependentÿon rear walls to help with bass ?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I had the 110's as part of a full cyrus system for most of the time but used them with many different electronics. I had other speakers too but always went back to the ProAcs which I kept. Finally sold them late last year with everything else mainly due to a temporary cash shortage which was thankfully ... temporary. Its a non-showy speaker that does'nt draw attention to itself as for example the dynaudio 110's do, mainly due to an underdamped bass unit which booms all to easily unless a very powerful and grippy solid state amp is used. Clear and precise probably sums the Studios up. Go up the range and better components/drivers will give a bit more of everything but when I bought them I could'nt justify the extra expense for relatively little gain.

Would I buy them again? Probably if I'd go the separates route again. I would also consider Epos'es 12.2's or Kef's iQ7 (with sub) or 9's for better dynamics. Problem is, building a good system around any of these options will cost an additional 2k or more. Luckily there's a product called AVI ADM9.1's which imho does everything as well and a few things better ... at a fraction of the cost.

A

Anonymous

I have listened to the ProAc Studio 110's and the 140's. Both are sensational, and I would recommend the 140's, because its bass is very good, especially considering it is not a very large floor-standing loudspeaker.

Both sound extremely accurate, and are very pleasurable to listen to.

I listened to both of them, powered by a Primare CD Player and Primare 2-channel integrated amplifier.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

drummerman:
I had the 110's as part of a full cyrus system for most of the time but used them with many different electronics. I had other speakers too but always went back to the ProAcs which I kept.ÿÿ

ÿ

How long was your run in time on em ?ÿ

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
drumlins4ever:
Is it true that the Dyna's are quite dependent on rear walls to help with bass ?

only in that you have to keep them away from rear walls, mine are 55cm out from the wall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts