Anyone else had problems with new itunes update? Version 9.2(61) - Mac

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

So, I downloaded the new version of itunes, because I must, and they told me to. Clicked OK to whatever they wanted me to OK.

Opened Itunes and...............library corrupt. So, looked on net and found possible solutions. These did not work so I imported all my songs back into itunes. This took 20 hours.

Today, I tried to rip some cd's I bought from the charity shop at the weekend. The cd goes in, gracenotes initialises, the tracklists flash up, disappear, and then nothing. Itunes tries again, gracenotes initialises, the tracklists flash up, disappears, and then nothing.

I have played with the import preferences and no change. gracenotes initialises, the tracklists flash up, disappears, and then nothing.

Any ideas? I'm already annoyed and getting more so.

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
9.2 (61) working fine for me (on a Mac), including ripping discs. A PC issue, maybe?

Are you sure there's no other technical problem that caused your library issues? And have you tried ripping other discs, or just the charity shop ones, since the upgrade? (In case they're dodgy!)

It is possible, of course, that the download of the new iTunes version may have been corrupted some how... Maybe a re-install?

Sorry I don't have an exact answer. Few things with software ever have one
emotion-39.gif

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Funnily enough I had exactly the same thing the other day - it did it on 2 out of 3 CDs, but when I reinserted the problem CDs they worked OK and I just put it down to a random thing. This is on a Mac.

A

Anonymous

Not downloaded this yet but I once had a big problem after an itunes upgrade. Now I am not meaning to sound smug, but I now always wait a few weeks after a new iTunes SW upgrade and keep a check on the iPod forums to see if there are a whole load of cries for help. If all stays quiet then I do the upgrade.

Once bitten!

A

Anonymous

sillyoldman:
Once bitten!

I agree from now on. I have found a way around it. When the track listing has flashed up, I go to

File--->add to library------>audio disk. Then select the songs to import.

Its a bit of a pain as I am uploading my collection but luckily 2/3 is already done. Easy when you can just shove a disk in and it is spat out when finished. Just another 90ish to go. :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts