Anyone Compared a Panasonic 50GT60 Against 50VT65?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I was meaning to reply you for a while...

Anyway, I went to the TPS event in Walsall and if it was my money I would spend the extra £300-400 on the VT.

1. The picture on the VT has a bit more punch and depth to it.

2. The one sheet of glass design looks lovely.

3. Going by the reviews, the sound quality is much better. Even though I didn't get a chance to listen to any of the sets at the event.

Hope this helps. :grin:

D

Deleted member 2457

Pindi said:

Anyway, I went to the TPS event in Walsall and if it was my money I would spend the extra £300-400 on the VT.

3. Going by the reviews, the sound quality is much better. Even though I didn't get a chance to listen to any of the sets at the event.

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, that is great. I think my mind is made up on the VT65. Cheers.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Pindi said:

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, that is great. I think my mind is made up on the VT65. Cheers.

you getting a new tv gel?

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
Pindi said:

I think so. Just as a second TV though. Just fancy doubling up on them, I really like these TVs. The GT50 will still be in my main system, with the VT65 in my second lounge.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
Pindi said:

I think so. Just as a second TV though. Just fancy doubling up on them, I really like these TVs. The GT50 will still be in my main system, with the VT65 in my second lounge.

how big is your house :)

i only have one lounge :cry:

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
Pindi said:

how big is your house :)

i only have one lounge :cry:

Downstairs is quite big!
smiley-smile.gif
Only two bedrooms upstairs, but they are quite big.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello gel,

Surely if you buy a 50VT65 that sould become your main, your "show-off" television and that should be in the most public room, with your 50GT50 relegated, no? The VT65 has a higher specification than the GT50.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Hello gel,

Surely if you buy a 50VT65 that sould become your main, your "show-off" television and that should be in the most public room, with your 50GT50 relegated, no? The VT65 has a higher specification than the GT50.

Yep, you are probably right. It wasn't my reason for purchase but that does make more sense. Just always loved the GT50 too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
And bigger is better, so you should be trying for the 55VT65 rather than the 50VT65 ...... (I'm assuing that the 65VT65 might be too big and too expensive).

The 50inch is the max weight my stand will take. Otherwise the 55inch would definitely interest me - I like that size!

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Aren't TVs getting lighter though? I'm sure it will support a 55-inch tV. Which stand is it? Are you going to compromise on a TV purchase just because of the stand?? Can't you replace the stand?

This year the VT range got 1.5kg more heavier! This is my stand:

http://www.optimuminternational.co.uk/downloadfile.php?DataSchemeID=5&BLOBID=541&PHPSESSID=0282925b3c1d3bdd7d8b64d6f4ece82c

And I have it customised with bigger legs for my B&W centre speaker. 70kg the max limit.

D

Deleted member 2457

This is the cable I bought:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/audioquest-pearl-hdmi

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

http://www.optimuminternational.co.uk/downloadfile.php?DataSchemeID=5&BLOBID=541&PHPSESSID=0282925b3c1d3bdd7d8b64d6f4ece82c

And I have it customised with bigger legs for my B&W centre speaker. 70kg the max limit.

I think that 70kg is the maximum limit per shelf. I also have this exact Optimum stand, but modified so that there is 320mm, not the default 230mm, between the top shelf and the middle shelf so that my Denon receiver has more ventilation. On the top shelf is my Samsung PS64D8000 television, with the quad foot stand, and my centre speaker, and about 8kg of other stuff. On the middle shelf are my 19 kg Denon AVR-4810 receiver and Denon 4010UD Blu-Ray player, and about another 5kg of HDMI switches and leads. On bottom shelf are a fairly large old-fashioned stereo amplifier, Sony DVD recorder, Sanyo VHS recorder. All this comes to way more than 70kg, maybe not far off twice that. So, gel, your stand could certainly take the weight of the Panasonic 55VT65. Go for it, you know you want to! When funds permit, I'll certainly be getting the 65VT65, and that will replace the Samsung plasma, and I have no concern about the weight.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
70kg for the TV or entire system? What all have you got there?

7.2 centre speaker

5.5 stand for speaker

31.5 TV

17 amp

5.7 Blu-ray player

Total 66.9kg without Sky HD box. But I am getting the 55 Pioneer Blu-ray player so that should drop by 2 kg.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
It is unusual for them to specify max weight for the entire system. There's a massive difference between putting 70kg on 1 shelf, & 70kg distributed between the shelves.

Why don't you ask them directly?

http://www.optimuminternational.co.uk/

I will be really surprised if the stand supports a 50-inch TV but not a 55-inch one!

I have called them before and they said 70kg when modified for the entire system.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

I think that 70kg is the maximum limit per shelf. I also have this exact Optimum stand, but modified so that there is 320mm, not the default 230mm, between the top shelf and the middle shelf so that my Denon receiver has more ventilation. On the top shelf is my Samsung PS64D8000 television, with the quad foot stand, and my centre speaker, and about 8kg of other stuff. On the middle shelf are my 19 kg Denon AVR-4810 receiver and Denon 4010UD Blu-Ray player, and about another 5kg of HDMI switches and leads. On bottom shelf are a fairly large old-fashioned stereo amplifier, Sony DVD recorder, Sanyo VHS recorder. All this comes to way more than 70kg, maybe not far off twice that. So, gel, your stand could certainly take the weight of the Panasonic 55VT65. Go for it, you know you want to! When funds permit, I'll certainly be getting the 65VT65, and that will replace the Samsung plasma, and I have no concern about the weight.

That is what I have too:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7wIGyWruM

You can see some of the stand here.

Have you got a picture of it?

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
I do have an image of the stand, but for some reason tonight I can't get it from Photobucket.

You might have to copy and paste it, I did last time I did it.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Son_of_SJ's TV is of the same weight as the 55VT65 gel.

That TV would look seriously big on this stand. It is quite high already.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts