Anybody with Cambridge Audio amps and B&W speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have CA 540A v2 and B&W 685 ...

What are the best combinations (some suggested this : Rotel and B&W , CA and Mordaunt Short , etc)?

What do you think ?

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
Yup! I've got a CA 740a and B&W 602 S2s, sounds impressive, I had a 640a first before the 740. I didn't like the combination much, treble a bit edgy, bass a little light, but the 740 is way in a different league. Having said that though, If you like the sound of your system then just listen and enjoy, I can't help wondering if the 540 may be better than the 640?

Again this all depends on the source that you are playing through your amp and speakers, You don't state what the rest of your kit is?

A

Anonymous

For me this combination is OK ; I did not try other combinations

(I used once a Panasonic receiver with my B&W but I wasn't satisfied )

I don't use a CD player ... I should try one ...

Now I listen to mp3, wma, FLAC from PC (I've changed my soundcard from Creative XFI xtreme gamer to a ASUS XONAR DX and I do recommend it); the best musical quality that I've heard from PC is FLAC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Lossless_Audio_Codec

I'm planning to buy a CA tuner Azur 640T (Version 2) DAB/FM tuner...

What tuner do you use?

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
Me,I don't use a tuner, I live about half a mile away from the Blackhills TV transmitter, all I get is mush right the way up and down the FM band.

I do have a Humax FoxT2 digi box connected to the HiFi, which is where I get radio from!

A

Anonymous

See signature.....tried BW 685 and didnt like them...thought they sounded muffled!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts