Any opinions on trigon

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Came across this German audio company today, as I saw a pair of their TRE-50M mono blocks on Facebook. Tried to find more about them, but couldn't come across any reviews.

Does anyone have any experience with them . Thanks

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Hi all,

Came across this German audio company today, as I saw a pair of their TRE-50M mono blocks on Facebook. Tried to find more about them, but couldn't come across any reviews.

Does anyone have any experience with them . Thanks
never heard of them newlash just be careful

rainsoothe

I heard their 2 box Vanguard phonostage once, and I think it sounded pretty good with a Clearaudio Concept and Exposure or CA electronics, can't remember which, it was a long time ago and it was a brief audition.

But the brand is legit from what I know.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Will the trigon's be a improvement on the parasound considering that they are going to cost 3700 pounds a pair. And they only put out 135w each, which is less than the parasound's 160w per channel.

insider9

Make sure you demo first.

If you really want to buy something and have that kind of money to spend I'd suggest a pair of vintage speakers or maybe a vintage amp. Upside is you buy low enough you'll make money or case scenario lose a little.

Buy new and you'll lose a lot more.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have never heard of Trigon and there seems to be very little information about them even from the manufacturer.

It also seems a lot of money to spent when you already have a very good amplifier.

If you really want to change amps these ultra powerful Nord monoblocks might be better suited and are coniderably cheaper, they are 400w into 8 ohms and 700w into 4 ohms, with an extremely clean ultra powerful sound, they are also tuneable using several different types of Op amp.

https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/product-page/nord-one-up-nc500mb-1

newlash09 said:
Will the trigon's be a improvement on the parasound considering that they are going to cost 3700 pounds a pair. And they only put out 135w each, which is less than the parasound's 160w per channel.

Have never heard one unfortunately. It's not all about watts and the presentation will obviously be different. Can you audition them? What will you use for preamp? That's rather important in a pre/power combo.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Electro said:
I have never heard of Trigon and there seems to be very little information about them even from the manufacturer.

It also seems a lot of money to spent when you already have a very good amplifier.

If you really want to change amps these ultra powerful Nord monoblocks might be better suited and are coniderably cheaper, they are 400w into 8 ohms and 700w into 4 ohms, with an extremely clean ultra powerful sound, they are also tuneable using several different types of Op amp.

why does anyone need 400 Watts?

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Life is short. I haven't changed my falling apart car in ten years. I want to try as many different things as possible. Really wouldn't mind using the parasound's pre amp function and add a pair of poweramps to see what difference I get :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
ifor said:
Electro said:

why does anyone need 400 Watts?

This video explains why with a surprising demonstration. *shok*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRMR9JZ1m0s

and another one .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP8i8F62OlM

Luckily my mono power amps can deliver several kilowatts of transient power each. *i-m_so_happy*

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
That average power consumption of 500w and peaks of 750 W, looked crazy. Never thought that kind of power was required. I can't dare to go beyond the 11 o'clock position on my amp. So iam confused, if those harbeths in that video are very very inefficient.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
Excelelnt!!! Really surprised with this to be fair. I knew peaks would go high but that high...

That's where high efficiency starts to make sense. 110dB of unclipped clean transients on just few class A watts.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
But had to vent out the excitement. As my whole setup is sitting packed. I loaned the parasound to my friend with Yamaha HSR's. And since he doesn't have any passive speakers, he set it up in his friends chord Hugo + Naim + PMC setup. He and his friend are completely blown with the performance of the parasound. And I have been invited today evening for a listen. And IAM really excited to hear the parasound in a good room properly setup :)

insider9

newlash09 said:
But had to vent out the excitement. As my whole setup is sitting packed. I loaned the parasound to my friend with Yamaha HSR's. And since he doesn't have any passive speakers, he set it up in his friends chord Hugo + Naim + PMC setup. He and his friend are completely blown with the performance of the parasound. And I have been invited today evening for a listen. And IAM really excited to hear the parasound in a good room properly setup :)

Excellent, that will save you a few grand :)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
Vladimir said:
insider9 said:
Excelelnt!!! Really surprised with this to be fair. I knew peaks would go high but that high...

That's where high efficiency starts to make sense. 110dB of unclipped clean transients on just few class A watts.

That's also where active has the big advantage. Just didn't realise how big.

No juice eaten by the passive crossover.

insider9

Vladimir said:

Not quite...

Multi driver setup will be a more severe amp load than single driver. Each drive unit has it's own impedance dips, each driver will have its own a dynamic peak at different frequency in music and that's much harder for an amp to reproduce. Do it with 3 amps for instance (3-way active) and you have far more headroom with more predictable load.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
Vladimir said:

Not quite...

Multi driver setup will be a more severe amp load than single driver. Each drive unit has it's own impedance dips, each driver will have its own a dynamic peak at different frequency in music and that's much harder for an amp to reproduce. Do it with 3 amps for instance (3-way active) and you have far more headroom with more predictable load.

Well explained.
thumbs_up.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts