Any headphones similar to V moda M100 in the bass department?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to potentially sell my v moda m100's as i kind of need the money but i only will do it if i can get a decent pair of headphones for like £75 which are decent quality and have good bass

previously owned the sennheiser momentum and sold them because they was a boring headphone and distorted easily if the bass was too overpowering at high volumes (no problem at all with distortion even at max volume with bass setitngs maxed out on m100's)

also owned the skullcandy hesh 2. didnt like the looks and hurt my ears very much after 2h of use

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
I'm looking to potentially sell my v moda m100's as i kind of need the money but i only will do it if i can get a decent pair of headphones for like £75 which are decent quality and have good bass. previously owned the sennheiser momentum and sold them because they was a boring headphone and distorted easily if the bass was too overpowering at high volumes (no problem at all with distortion even at max volume with bass setitngs maxed out on m100's). also owned the skullcandy hesh 2. didnt like the looks and hurt my ears very much after 2h of use

Since your comments about the Momentum indicate that you're critical of sound quality, you won't like a substitute for the M100. You could try a M50 and boost the bass, but the quality is not nearly as good.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
dalethorn said:
nugget2014 said:
I'm looking to potentially sell my v moda m100's as i kind of need the money but i only will do it if i can get a decent pair of headphones for like £75 which are decent quality and have good bass. previously owned the sennheiser momentum and sold them because they was a boring headphone and distorted easily if the bass was too overpowering at high volumes (no problem at all with distortion even at max volume with bass setitngs maxed out on m100's). also owned the skullcandy hesh 2. didnt like the looks and hurt my ears very much after 2h of use

Since your comments about the Momentum indicate that you're critical of sound quality, you won't like a substitute for the M100. You could try a M50 and boost the bass, but the quality is not nearly as good.

i'm not really anywhere close to being an audiophile but i do appreciate a good sounding headphone or speaker if i can tell the difference betweena cheap and more expensive version, maybe thats why i disliked the momentum was more for casual listening as i heard it was one of the most best sounding headphones for female vocals i do know it sounded good but just didnt keep me entertained for long periods.

maybe i'll have to keep my m100 for now.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
i'm not really anywhere close to being an audiophile but i do appreciate a good sounding headphone or speaker if i can tell the difference betweena cheap and more expensive version, maybe thats why i disliked the momentum was more for casual listening as i heard it was one of the most best sounding headphones for female vocals i do know it sounded good but just didnt keep me entertained for long periods. maybe i'll have to keep my m100 for now.

I call the M100 the King of Headphones (and I catch some criticism for that), and I have 2: The matte black and pearl white. I also have the MrSpeakers Alpha Dog, the Final Audio Pandora VI, the Beyer DT1350 and T51p, but those all have their limitations. The M100 seems to get around all of those limitations, being efficient, portable, extremely durable, having a strong bass that's great for outdoors and riding public transport, and with a bit of bass reduction indoors it makes a fine audiophile headphone on good quality systems. They also have 'XL' earpads now for greater comfort.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I'm very tempted by the M100's but not being able to demo them first is making me wary. Apart from Amazon i can't find any UK sellers at all. I've read plenty of reviews and some like the extra bass they produce while others put the bass down as a minus point, so difficult to gauge.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
I'm very tempted by the M100's but not being able to demo them first is making me wary. Apart from Amazon i can't find any UK sellers at all. I've read plenty of reviews and some like the extra bass they produce while others put the bass down as a minus point, so difficult to gauge.

I don't know what you're used to now, but the M100 has the strongest bass I've ever heard in a high quality headphone. It works very well outdoors, but indoors it's overwhelming.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
dalethorn said:
stevee1966 said:

I don't know what you're used to now, but the M100 has the strongest bass I've ever heard in a high quality headphone. It works very well outdoors, but indoors it's overwhelming.

for me i like the bass so i have my bass setting turned up to +10db on my fiio e17 dac/amp. if you dont like that much you can always set it to 0 or just a few points up like +4. you have more freedom to set it what you like with an amp only cost me £100

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
@dalethorn i was tempted to buy the alpha or mad dogs before purchasing my m100. how are they? never owned a planar magnetic headphone. i could of purchased the alpha's if there wasnt any customs charges or shipping to UK. then again i was also considering buying the sennheiser HD650 and also the fiio e09k paired with the e17 for better amplificiation..

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
@dalethorn i was tempted to buy the alpha or mad dogs before purchasing my m100. how are they? never owned a planar magnetic headphone. i could of purchased the alpha's if there wasnt any customs charges or shipping to UK. then again i was also considering buying the sennheiser HD650 and also the fiio e09k paired with the e17 for better amplificiation..

I reviewed the Mad Dog here - it's excellent. Not only does it have the planar properties for great sound, it has a perfect balance top to bottom without peaks or other irritating issues. The Alpha Dog review I'm working on now, and it's quite light in the bass and recessed in the treble. I can't imagine why they went with that signature on the best headphone they have. You can boost the bass and treble if you like, not to get to a strong bass or treble, but just to get somewhere in the ballpark of the Mad Dog, or even a Sennheiser HD800 (with less brightness). I had the original Senn 650 which sounded like the 600, but now the 650 is supposed to be warmer and bassier. It's extremely popular.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts