What hi-fi system would suit me best?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I am a new member here but have been on the website a fair few times, i need to know which hi fi system would suit me and my tastes best as i am buying one very soon for my flat which i will move into late june this year, i was looking at 2 possible systems i would buy, the denon dm39dab or the philips fwm6000/10. i was leaning more towards the £250 philips as it has bigger woofer units and includes a subwoofer (i love the bass) this will also be my own first hi fi system i have only listened to music through my headphones and laptop speakers before

i have owned the sennheiser momentum and now receiving my v moda m100 tomorrow, so you can tell i favour bass in music.

my music tastes are mainly dubstep and other electronic music from the likes of steve aoki and hardwell too, i also like loads of pop and r&b and some hip-hop. my budget is around £300 and i really want to make the right decision when choosing my longterm hi fi system. anyone here tell me if denon has got good enough bass or if anyone can recommend the philips? any help appreciated.

edit: i also forgot to mention my main source will be CD's and about 10% of the time i will be using my ipod as the source (if people come over etc)

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I think my parents have that denon system,and I love listening to it when I go to visit.loud detailed and warm sound.not sure how accurately the bass in dub step would be recreated without a sub,but it would sound pretty good. I'm not an expert,but I wouldnt be choosing Philips over denon unless I was buying an electric shaver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts