Any good hifi shops in Netherlands?

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I am currently in Rijswijk, about 40 mins from Amsterdam by train. Will be here till 16th Sep. Anyone can recommend a good hifi shop around this area or even Amsterdam?

I have googled some shops but their websites are all in Dutch language.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

Take a look at some HOBO HIFI store's

I go there, and they know what they talking about(in general)

greeting,

Hanno.

A

Anonymous

idc:Andrew, I'm being deported to Mongolia. Can you post the name and directions to a good hifi shop there as well?!

Give him an hour or so.

A

Anonymous

Of course there are good hifi shops, but don't go looking for a bargain if you're used to British prices. I just ordered new speaker cables from a UK shop and saved some 30 euros. I'm also gaping at the prices of speakers in some UK shops. Have fun in the Netherlands, though!

A

Anonymous

Not sure what you are looking for, but http://www.hifi.nl/winkelsbenelux gives a good overview of stores. Prices are indeed higher than in the UK usually. Snijders in Rotterdam and Rik Stoet in the Hague could be places for a visit. Do not expect that they will store all brands, so give them a call first if you are looking for something specific.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks all for the feedback. Yes, the price here is way more expensive than UK. Need to wait for my next trip to the UK. I should have realised it since even the WHF Magazine cost double/tripled here compared to the UK. And surprisingly more expensive than in Malaysia.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh, I remember Rick Stoet! Shopped there back in 2001 when I worked there. Nice guys, were good to deal with. Was able to listen to all the kit upstairs, quick delivery and installation. They had a dog - Pebbles, I think they even used its picture in the logo.

They used to have a range of their own valve kit, looked very nice, but I do not see it any more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts