Any Cyrus ONE owners want a chat?

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

for those that are interested I am the new proud owner of the Cyrus ONE (new) amplifier after moving from Sonos last week. Currently paired with Dali Opticon 1 from eBay which were a steal at half their normal price and enjoying what I am hearing so far. Currently using Chromecast audio to stream Spotify and Radio P.

Any other ONE owners or others want to share their experiences?
Richard

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
On getting a sound of your liking. You will be pleased to know that the Cyrus one can perform at an even higher level with a speaker upgrade. So enjoy your system till you start hankering for a upgrade. And judging by this hobby, that is usually just round the corner :)

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I need to get around to hearing one. Currently using a 5 Integrated, and unless I come into some extra cash to step up to the £2k mark, it's likely to be on my replacement shortlist fairly soon....

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Im dreading the day I want new speakers! Yet another excuse to think of to get the wife onboard!

I have now upgraded the speaker cable to QED XT25 from DIY store 2.5mm copper speaker cable and the change is fantastic. The DIY store speaker cable was only temp whilst I waitied for the QED to arrive. So pleased with that small but vital upgrade.

The bass has come alive now, plus I positioned the speakers more effectively and the difference is fantastic!

I was worried about amp / speaker harmony but they sound really good together

newlash09 said:
On getting a sound of your liking. You will be pleased to know that the Cyrus one can perform at an even higher level with a speaker upgrade. So enjoy your system till you start hankering for a upgrade.
Yeah, I remember getting some flack for using a Cyrus One with a pair of PMC Twenty.23s - £700 amp and £3k speakers. It’s one of the reasons I wanted to be able to offer the amp at the little audio company - that and the fact it’s the only amp under £1k I’ve heard so far that does a great job with LS50s (other than a Pioneer, which is now over £1k).

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Im more than happy with the Dali Opticon 1s for now as small size is important to me but admit Im very interested in where I go next, may well be LS50s...the ONE has power!!

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Bradley747 said:
Im more than happy with the Dali Opticon 1s for now as small size is important to me but admit Im very interested in where I go next, may well be LS50s...the ONE has power!!

But I haven't heard them. They are also supposedly power hungry, and need a ballsy amp to bring out the best in them. So better audition them before buying. You can always take your amp with you to audition :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
You could also consider the pmc db1i golds. Either new or pre loved. They are easy to drive and do good bass because of the transmission line. I don't think any other speaker of such a diminutive size can do bass any better :)

JamieG

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi. I own a Cyrus One amp and currently set up with a pair of Dynaudio Excite x18 speakers and stream Tidal through Chromecast Audio.

I have been listening to this set up for a year now and am hankering over an upgrade. After given some careful thoughts together with multiple nights of researching on my current system. I believe the Cyrus One with x18 hasn't reached its potential yet hence I decided to purchase a dedicated streamer after some recommendation given to me.

Prior to that, the listening experience still lacks some dynamics, especially in the depth and clarity department.

I'll share more later on if that proves to be the missing link. I am a newbie in this Hi-Fi arena and I hope to exchange experience with similar amp users.

Reactions: rainsoothe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts