any comments on the Wirelogic hdmi cables available at costco ?

cmf

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
I bought three hdmi cables from thatcable, but they seem to be giving my tv (pany g10 ) problems. one of the cable wont play 1080p throu my xbox 360 . and the rest dont seem to be great at showing picture throu my virgin v+ box . would love to get chord or monster cables but cant afford them .

I was in costco and saw the wirelogic hdmi cables, 2 for £ 28 . had a look at they web site and they seem descent.

has anyone tried them ?

what hifi any reviews?

cmf

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
i have move the hdmi cables( from thatcable) further away from the power cable this seemed to stop the problems with the dvd player but the xbox 360 still wont work on 1080p so guess the cable just not compliant . tried swapping them round no joy.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I have no experience of the wirelogic cables at costco. I think you'll need to look at your setup more carefully. Even the crappiest cables should be able to pass 1080p/24fps without problem. I would recommend the pro2 at hdcable.co.uk at about £10 each. They carry a lifeftime warranty and are cat2 rated etc.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
d4v3pum4:I have no experience of the wirelogic cables at costco. I think you'll need to look at your setup more carefully. Even the crappiest cables should be able to pass 1080p/24fps without problem. I would recommend the pro2 at hdcable.co.uk at about £10 each. They carry a lifeftime warranty and are cat2 rated etc.

They 'should' do yes. But a lot of the 'crappest' ones dont

aliEnRIK:

But a lot of the 'crappest' ones dont

That's very true. But what are the chances of buying 3 cables & all 3 failing?? Before spending more on cables, make sure that the problem is with the cables. All HDMI cables available in the market should pass 1080p signals. If you're determined to spend more on cables, by all means, do so. But I suspect you'll get the same same results.

Can you describe your problems in more detail? What media are you trying to play on your XBOX? What problems exactly are you facing with the Virgin box?

I've got ThatCable & have no problems with it. I would suggest to contact your retailer. The cable has got 5 stars from What HiFi.

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/ThatCable-HDMI/

I'm still certain that the problem is with your settings, rather than the cables.

HDMI version 1.3 was introduced in 2006. All the sub-versions of version 1.3 will pass 1080p signals without any problems. ThatCable sells only version 1.3b cables. Check this FAQ from www.hdmi.org:

What is the difference between HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.3a, or 1.3b?

For consumers, there is no difference between HDMI version 1.3 and 1.3a or 1.3b. These minor revisions to the specification typically relate to manufacturing or testing issues and do not impact features or functionality. In addition, HDMI Licensing, LLC is actively working with manufacturers to reduce confusion for consumers by de-emphasizing version numbers and focusing instead on product features and functionality.

What's new in the HDMI 1.3 Specification?

• Higher speed: Although all previous versions of HDMI have had more than enough bandwidth to support all current HDTV formats, including full, uncompressed 1080p signals, HDMI 1.3 increases its single-link bandwidth to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) to support the demands of future HD display devices, such as higher resolutions, Deep Color and high frame rates. In addition, built into the HDMI 1.3 specification is the technical foundation that will let future versions of HDMI reach significantly higher speeds.
    Deep Color: HDMI 1.3 supports 10-bit, 12-bit and 16-bit (RGB or YCbCr) color depths, up from the 8-bit depths in previous versions of the HDMI specification, for stunning rendering of over one billion colors in unprecedented detail.
    Broader color space: HDMI 1.3 adds support for "x.v.ColorT" (which is the consumer name describing the IEC 61966-2-4 xvYCC color standard), which removes current color space limitations and enables the display of any color viewable by the human eye.
    New mini connector: With small portable devices such as HD camcorders and still cameras demanding seamless connectivity to HDTVs, HDMI 1.3 offers a new, smaller form factor connector option.
    Lip Sync: Because consumer electronics devices are using increasingly complex digital signal processing to enhance the clarity and detail of the content, synchronization of video and audio in user devices has become a greater challenge and could potentially require complex end-user adjustments. HDMI 1.3 incorporates automatic audio synching capabilities that allows devices to perform this synchronization automatically with total accuracy.
    New HD lossless audio formats: In addition to HDMI's current ability to support high-bandwidth uncompressed digital audio and all currently-available compressed formats (such as Dolby© Digital and DTS©), HDMI 1.3 adds additional support for new lossless compressed digital audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master AudioT.

A

Anonymous

Hello, sorry to hear you're having trouble with our cables. If you contact us using the link below and put your order ID within the email, we'll do our best to help you;

http://www.thatcable.com/cgi-bin/mf000010.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM

It would be extremely unlikely for 3 cables not to work. If we cannot find a solution, you can send the cables back and they will be fully tested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts