Anthem MRX300 Audio Problem - Please help

inbox4

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
I have recently become the proud owner of an Anthem MRX300. I thought I had set it up perfectly until I played Life of Pi last night.

The soundtrack on this film contains 7.1 DTS HD Master audio. The front of the amp identified this correctly as DTS HD Master 3/4 so the correct signal is being supplied by the source.

My problem is that the amp would only output standard DTS 5.1.

I have tested Avengers Assemble as it has the same soundtrack format as Life of Pi and I have the same problem - only standard DTS 5.1 again.

I only have 5.1 speakers (rather than 7.1) but surely this doesn’t mean I cant enjoy HD soundtracks that contain more than 5.1 channels?

This certainly wasn’t the case with the Yamaha amp that I’ve just upgraded from.

Please help, surely the Anthem can play an HD 7.1 soundtrack over 5.1 speakers?

Thanks in advance.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It may be a problem with your blueray player settings. Usually you either have the bleuray to decode the HD soundtacks by outputting Bitstream to your receiver and it will show DTS HD or Doby HD or the receiver decodes it and its mult channel on my Onkyo 905. You have n't got a coaxial or optical cable connected as that will only show DTS or Doldy 5.1?

I hope this helps

Best Wishes

Chris

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
inbox4 said:
I have recently become the proud owner of an Anthem MRX300. I thought I had set it up perfectly until I played Life of Pi last night.

The soundtrack on this film contains 7.1 DTS HD Master audio. The front of the amp identified this correctly as DTS HD Master 3/4 so the correct signal is being supplied by the source.

My problem is that the amp would only output standard DTS 5.1.

I have tested Avengers Assemble as it has the same soundtrack format as Life of Pi and I have the same problem - only standard DTS 5.1 again.

I only have 5.1 speakers (rather than 7.1) but surely this doesn’t mean I cant enjoy HD soundtracks that contain more than 5.1 channels?

This certainly wasn’t the case with the Yamaha amp that I’ve just upgraded from.

Please help, surely the Anthem can play an HD 7.1 soundtrack over 5.1 speakers?

Thanks in advance.

If you are getting the signal on the front of the amp to say "Master Audio" then your bitstream settings are correct and you will be getting this out of the Anthem.

Just to clarify, if it does say this on the front what makes you suspect that you are only getting standard DTS 5.1?

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If the front panel says DTS Master then that's what it's out putting. I'm confused by what you mean 7.1 over 5.1 speakers. If you only have 5.1 then that's all you will hear ie 5.1 Master Audio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts