Another PS3 question regarding DTS - HD MA Audio

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone

Before anyone loses there temper regarding PS3 and the capabilities regarding DTS - HD MA Audio as i know its been talked to death, i have 1 question

1. If for example if have a Fox Blu Ray Disc with a DTS - HD MA soundtrack on it, do i set to Linear PCM and it is then sent to my Pioneer LX01 receiver which is capable of decoding it or does it not work like that and the PS3 at present simply can not see the soundtrack.

I've got a Toshiba HD Xe1 also and must admit the sound on the PS3 was better is this because there is more space on the Blu Ray DIsc for LPCM data?

Hope i've got all the terminology right as i've just read up on all this stuff in the last hour.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Worrall

A

Anonymous

Just posted a thread that the PS3 will be getting DTS HD MA.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
At the moment, the PS3 can't send the DTS HD MA data over HDMI, so you'll only be getting the basic DTS 5.1 soundtrack, not the HD soundtrack.

Bullseye's post sounds promising though not knowing who his source is, I won't hold my breath (as that would just be silly). I do hope it's true though!

A

Anonymous

I hope bullseye is right too as so many people are having this problems of DTS HS MA There are so many people that have purchased receivers that decode DTS HD MASTER AUDIO but these companies never thought of the players to send the audio to the receivers to decode them..I hope they buck up there ideas and start to release new blu ray players soon so people like you and me dont have to suffer with these issues

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts