DTS HD Master Audio from Pany DMR BS750

jimrudd

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Struggling to get DTS HD MA to output via HDMI from Panasonic DMR BS750 blu Ray. It's connected to Sony STRDN 1000 receiver. It outputs 5.1 sound fine but on DTS HD 7.1 (little mermaid blu ray) it outputs only in 2 channel not surround. My speaker set up is 5.1 so thought it would be able to handle this. From reading the manuals both units can handle DTS HD. Any pointers would be much appreciated

jimrudd

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Tried with titanic which has 5.1 DTS HD MA and thats outputting in pcm rather than multi channel. On the Bly Ray player on screen menu it shows as DTS HD but PCM on the receiver

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's doing that because you have the blu-ray player decoding the soundtrack instead of the AV receiver, set the blu-ray player to bitstream the audio and then try it. You may need to turn off secodary audio downmixing or something.

jimrudd

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I think that I have fixed it. My amp was connected to output sound to the tv as well as receiver. If I turn off the TV connection The sound is output just to the receiver and in DTS. A bit annoying as now there is no sound from TV when watching Sky or other AV devices connected via HDMI but this is just how my Sony works I guess...

jimrudd

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but it didn't work. Looks like my amp will only output decide correctly when the audio is connected via hdmi only and not outputting to tv at the same time

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there.

HD audio codecs (DTS HD-MA, Dolby TrueHD and PCM) can only be sent to and AVR via HDMI. Optical or Coaxial will downscale the HD audio to the core audio with in the HD stream.

I think you can sent 2.0 PCM via Optical or Coaxial. DTS HD-MA 5.1 will become normal DTS 5.1 and Dolby TrueHD will become normal Dolby 5.1.

All TV broadcast audio in only Dolby Digital ranging from 2.0 mono to 5.1 surround sound. As you BDP is the only bit that deals with HD audio you can connect your Sky box and TV via Opt/Coax.

Ans was mentioned. Setting your BDP to output Bitstream will give you all the codecs available with the amp doing the decoding.

Hope that helps.

GP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts