Another backing track - ‘I Feel Love’

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My boys finish high school this year so this is probably the last time I’ll get asked to do this kind of stuff. I was asked by the school last week if I could create a backing track for the above song for the school’s female acapella group to sing to at the upcoming ‘Big Gig’ musical evening in two weeks.

As usual I’ve popped it on YouTube in case other people want to use it for a similar purpose:

https://youtu.be/c4zKeyI_ZQc

Enjoy.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Nice work there. What DAW do you use in music production?... I use Cubase, Studio one two pro.., Native Instruments and Reason. Trying to get back to music production once again. Had a horrible experience at work so been off for a while. Taking this opportunity to update softwares and drivers. Will be fun once again I suppose.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Logic Pro 10.4. Plug-ins wise I have Arturia V Collection 5, Memory Moon ME80 and Korg M1. But this track was performed entirely using Logic’s native synths, in particular the Retro Synth, which emulates subtractive, wave table and FM synthesis.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Logic Pro 10.4. Plug-ins wise I have Arturia V Collection 5, Memory Moon ME80 and Korg M1. But this track was performed entirely using Logic’s native synths, in particular the Retro Synth, which emulates subtractive, wave table and FM synthesis.
Nice set up. I got a Roland XP80 which has some really good classic Synth sounds and classic piano sounds. Also got four expansion boards which I took advantage of, but most of my bass sounds I use Trilian. I use Roland Studio-Capture (16x10 24-bit/192) to capture live performances onto Cubase.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice kit.

First modern DAW I ever used was Reason 4. It was the first time I'd heard any VSTs which weren't just sample players, such as the many-and-varied acoustic piano VSTs you can buy. I listened to the 'Thor' rack instrument and the 'Subtractor' rack instrument and the penny dropped that these things weren't playing samples, they were modelling the synthesis right there on the fly. Mind = blown. From that point on I decided VSTs were 'it' for me, because no longer would I be restricted by the expense and space of using real instruments. Cynics say there's nothing like using real hardware synths, and I'd say that's absolutely true, but with VSTs, I have fifteen classic synths in a 7'x6' boxroom. My Yamaha and Technics workstations rarely ever get turned on.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Nice kit.

First modern DAW I ever used was Reason 4. It was the first time I'd heard any VSTs which weren't just sample players, such as the many-and-varied acoustic piano VSTs you can buy. I listened to the 'Thor' rack instrument and the 'Subtractor' rack instrument and the penny dropped that these things weren't playing samples, they were modelling the synthesis right there on the fly. Mind = blown. From that point on I decided VSTs were 'it' for me, because no longer would I be restricted by the expense and space of using real instruments. Cynics say there's nothing like using real hardware synths, and I'd say that's absolutely true, but with VSTs, I have fifteen classic synths in a 7'x6' boxroom. My Yamaha and Technics workstations rarely ever get turned on.
I agree with you VST Instruments are so real now, apart from a few classic sounds from my XP80 I mostly just use it to trigger midi when using Native instrument VST. These days real musicians are used to capture very high sample rates onto VST instruments, from noises to expressions to playing techniques. Really quite impressive. I currently use Additive drums 2 for drums, so real and versatile. *smile*

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Native_bon said:
I currently use Additive drums 2 for drums, so real and versatile. *smile*

I often use the built-in session drummers in Logic and it's pretty scary how realistic they are. I've also heard NI Session Guitarist and Strummed Acoustic from Komplete, and that's amazing too. It could well be my next VST purchase.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
nice work :) Probably still one of the most recognisable synth hooks ever :D

Yes definitely. And it very nearly didn't sound like that at all, because the tape delay which doubles the notes on the bass hook from 1/8th notes to 1/16th notes was added at the 11th hour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts