hifi and sunshine

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Have to admit during this spell of great weather I've been doing just about anything I can to not be in the house whenever possible, so both my music-creation and hifi hobbies have taken a back seat. Other than creating an "I Feel Love" backing track for one of my boys' classmates to sing to in their final school concert next week (I posted a thread about it here), I haven't created anything nor listened to my hifi at all.

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine still on most evenings, including right now, just about to check out a new compilation I have just received through the post (English Weather ; Bob Stanley and Pete Wiggs - of Saint Etienne fame).

But always with the patio doors open, and sometimes only when I've returned from the pub - also the case this evening :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Last listened to music about 4 weeks ago and only post on here at work.
I've watched blade runner 2049 last though and really enjoyed it.
Most of free time at home when not working I've been braai-ing outside
Only rugby/F1 gets me in

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Our house (and especially the living room) is lovely and cool during this heat. 17C (compared to 28C outside) this afternoon.

No, this is where I want to be.

Today I was enjoying a new toy.

D

Deleted member 108165

Same as Chebby, with all the blinds closed it is a lovely temperature in my lounge plus the neighbours are away for ten days so been hitting the hifi without worrying about the volume level... happy days *smile*

insider9

What's sunshine good for?

1) Taking quality pictures of your hifi

2) DIY'ing bass traps in the garden

3) Having a clearout of all gear, cables, etc. in your garage

4) Rearraging your listening room. Removing all clutter and sorting out cabing, etc.

5) Listening to Reggae

*biggrin*

Strictly Stereo

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
insider9 said:

4) Rearraging your listening room. Removing all clutter and sorting out cabing, etc.

5) Listening to Reggae

*biggrin*

1. Definitely not. Bright sun means harsh shadows. Better to photograph kit on a bright but overcast day.

2. Agreed.

3. Agreed.

4. Part of the daily routine here at Strictly Manor.

5. Yeah man.

insider9

Strictly Stereo said:
insider9 said:

5) Listening to Reggae

*biggrin*

1. Definitely not. Bright sun means harsh shadows. Better to photograph kit on a bright but overcast day.

2. Agreed.

3. Agreed.

4. Part of the daily routine here at Strictly Manor.

5. Yeah man.

Depends on time of the day :) Lovely evening warm glow otherwise difficult to capture indoors.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts