admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
With the uncertainty about HDDVD and blu ray would it be better to upgrade to the Onkyo 875 rather that the 605 or 705? My thought being the 875 has up scaling built in therefore regardless of who wins the format war I would not be restricted or limited to a manufacture. Basically what I am edging at is the 875 would upscale HDDVD and play the blue ray anyway. Or do all blue rays have built in upscalers? I have read on here the 705 is better than the 605 for music how does the 875 compare.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sharples"]
With the uncertainty about HDDVD and blu ray would it be better to upgrade to the Onkyo 875 rather that the 605 or 705? My thought being the 875 has up scaling built in therefore regardless of who wins the format war I would not be restricted or limited to a manufacture. Basically what I am edging at is the 875 would upscale HDDVD and play the blue ray anyway. Or do all blue rays have built in upscalers? I have read on here the 705 is better than the 605 for music how does the 875 compare.ÿ
[/quote]

No uncertainty, Sharples - as any one of the 10 or so stories in our Home Cinema section will show you, Blu-ray has won the format war!

And not sure what you mean re the Onkyo 'playing' the Blu-ray - it'll accept feeds from just about any piece of AV equipment, from HD or DVD player to TV, games console and more.

In answer to your final question, the 875 is the best of those three receivers - for surround sound and music.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Clare new to this.We don`t have digital sat/TV source here in dubai and I persumed the 875 would up grade these and the HDDVD picture quality. What is the beifit of the 875 having the upscaling capability.

A

Anonymous

Hi Sharples,

The upscaling feature on the Onkyo receiver is for 'upgrading' the picture from a standard def DVD player before it's sent to a flatscreen TV. It will not improve the quality of an HD source (HDDVD or Blu-ray).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts