RHA MA450i first impressions

insider9

Been listening to them most of the day. That's directly from my Moto X Play. In my humble opinion Moto phones have some of the best DACs built into mobiles.

First a number of test tracks from playlists covering most genres "Grace" Jeff Buckley, "Morning" Beck, "Caribbean Blue" Enya, "Export Import" Tosca, "No Excuses" (Unplugged version) Alice in Chains, "A Case of You" (Both Sides Now version) Joni Mitchell, "My God" Jethro Tull, "Nepenthe" Opeth, "Lonely Woman" Ornette Coleman, "Milestones" Miles Davis, "Nightswimming" REM, "Power of Equality" RHCP, "Fly Me to the Moon" Frank Sinatra, "Suffering" The War on Drugs, "B.Y.O.B." System of a Down and many others

Then The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and now PJ Harvey "Dry" coming to an end as I'm typing.

Like preciously mentioned these have a little bit much bass when turned up loud over 75% on volume dial. However at low-mid (33-66%) volume level they sound quite natural. Like the timbre on most instruments and vocals. They don't discriminate and all musical styles are suited for. Very musical with a good amount of detail when you think how cheap they are and that I'm running them directly from a phone. Very decent dynamics. Compared it to my wife's new AKG that came with Samsung Galaxy S8 and there's absolutely no contest. Bass is a little soft for my liking, could they do better with a better headphone amp? Any other criticism? Would like horns sounding a tad thicker but that's just me. They do have rasp, attack and naturally annoying at least to my wife sound :)

I could see the headphones sounding tiring with incorrect amp/dac/mobile or for people who like treble rolled off. They have nice clarity but to me it feels like some emphasis in treble. Feels like they're voiced with a slightly smiley face curve. Mids are not recessed though just top and bottom slightly raised.

From practical point of view... They are comfy and sound isolation is very good (both in and out). Volume doesn't work with Android phones but you can play/pause and skip tracks. There's also a small carry bag and a big selection of earbuds. They also come with 3 year warranty :)

Considering the fact these are IEM and noise isolating they're crazy value for money at £12.95. If somewhat lack of neutrality bothers you there's always EQ but for the money you won't get anything better period. I'm quite fine having some extra sparkle and don't need EQ for ocassional listening.

Verdict: Just buy them!

D

Deleted member 108165

I did!! On the recommendation by Camcroft, thank you *good* Cracking set of buds for the price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts