Android 2.2

Any idea when is Android 2.2 coming for HTC Desire? I've already started to get warning that there isn't enough space & I should delete some apps. My OH has got the Nexus One with Android 2.2 in it since more than a month (bought from a google employee). She's got almost the same apps that I have, and more games without these warning messages.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I believe it's around October, HTC are still fiddling with the Sense integration or something.

Oh and apparently it WILL be coming to the Legend as well, which was doubtful initially.

Have you heard the rumours of the Desire HD?

Thanks for that!
emotion-21.gif
Guess I'll have to limit my apps until October then.
emotion-6.gif

Oh yes, I have heard about the Desire HD! The rumour is for October launch for that as well, isn't it? Great features: 4.3-inch touch screen, an 8-megapixel camera capable of recording HD video, 4GB internal memory. Isn't it a little fast for this phone to be launched within a few months of the HTC Desire? Logic suggests 2011 launch.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:
Thanks for that!
emotion-21.gif
Guess I'll have to limit my apps until October then.
emotion-6.gif

Oh yes, I have heard about the Desire HD! The rumour is for October launch for that as well, isn't it? Great features: 4.3-inch touch screen, an 8-megapixel camera capable of recording HD video, 4GB internal memory. Isn't it a little fast for this phone to be launched within a few months of the HTC Desire? Logic suggests 2011 launch.

The Desire was the start of this year wasn't it? Presumably it'll have a price premium over the standard Desire. I guess they're reacting to the iPhone4, that does HD video doesn't it? Hopefully the DesireHD will be coming here, as apparently the Evo won't be, as it's CDMA only.

I'm due an upgrade in February, hmmm, I wasn't going to bother but...

Yes, that's also been rumoured to come in October (although there's no official announcement yet)! But I don't think the HTC Desire will get that update.....the Desire HD should. The minimum requirements to run Android 3.0 are a 1GHz CPU and 512MB of RAM. I can see some interesting tablets coming next year!
emotion-4.gif

Have you seen the current iPad clones running on Android? One of them is called the Apad - available on Ebay for £100-160.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:
Yes, that's also been rumoured to come in October (although there's no official announcement yet)! But I don't think the HTC Desire will get that update.....the Desire HD should.

Yeah that's what I meant.

The minimum requirements to run Android 3.0 are a 1GHz CPU and 512MB of RAM. I can see some interesting tablets coming next year!
emotion-4.gif

I believe the desire HD will have a dual-core 1.5Ghz processor.

Have you seen the current iPad clones running on Android? One of them is called the Apad - available on Ebay for £100-160.

No, not really got any use for something like that now I've got the phone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts