And lo! he heard the WHF?S&V reference system...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Sorry Big Chris, not a myth at all, as Mr Duncan will confirm. He's even got some shiny new cables to take home and try on his own system over the weekend
emotion-1.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:Sorry Big Chris, not a myth at all, as Mr Duncan will confirm. He's even got some shiny new cables to take home and try on his own system over the weekend
emotion-1.gif

On his Airport Express?

Gizza job, I think I'd appreciate it more now that JD has moved over to the Dark Side

John Duncan

Emphasis on the word "try". They have been counted out and will be counted back in again....

But no, it was definitely not a Technics stacking system. Proof positive that a CD player can still sound alright, Joel
emotion-5.gif

And actually, it wasn't exactly the reference system because it had some weird French speakers on the end, but hey, it was pretty damn hot nonetheless (albeit playing Radiohead...)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Emphasis on the word "try". They have been counted out and will be counted back in again.... But no, it was definitely not a Technics stacking system. Proof positive that a CD player can still sound alright, Joel
emotion-5.gif
. And actually, it wasn't exactly the reference system because it had some weird French speakers on the end, but hey, it was pretty damn hot nonetheless (albeit playing Radiohead...)

While you're at it, pages are taking ages to load for me....sort it out
emotion-11.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:And actually, it wasn't exactly the reference system because it had some weird French speakers on the end

So...you did'nt then?

You'd make a good tabloid headline writer tho
emotion-4.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
al7478:

JohnDuncan:And actually, it wasn't exactly the reference system because it had some weird French speakers on the end

So...you did'nt then?

emotion-4.gif

In the 'Elton takes David up the aisle' kind of front page of The Sun kind of way you mean?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:al7478:

So...you did'nt then?

emotion-4.gif

In the 'Elton takes David up the aisle' kind of front page of The Sun kind of way you mean?

LOL! Probably.

But more in a strictly speaking untrue kind of way.

John Duncan

No pleasing some folk. OK, OK, I heard the reference ten grand Naim CD player with the reference ten grand Bryston amps and what looked like ten grand's worth of french loudspeaker, and it sounded quite good. That better?

They need a cleaner though........

A

Anonymous

I wanna hear the reference system :) from the few pictures I have seen, it looks like a mighty impressive set of equipment :). Id love to hear the Naim system in full flow. Lucky man!!

A

Anonymous

Infact What hifi should have a section in "Show You System" of the forum - just for me to oogle at :p

A

Anonymous

Very nice What Hifi - maybe even a 360 Interactive experience next? lol :)

how do you upload pictures to the forum? My Denon 4308 is FINALLY(8months) repaired so have a few additions to my setup I wanna upload.

John Duncan

Vinny7:how do you upload pictures to the forum?

First you need to host them on an external photo hosting service like photobucket, flickr etc.

Then you can insert the link here using the format <code><</code>img src="enter photo location here.jpg"<code>/></code>

If it's wider than 400 pixels, put <code><</code>img src="enter photo location here.jpg" width="400"<code>/></code>

If you're using the toolbar (which it looks as if you are, though its functionality can be browser dependent), click on the Insert/edit image button on the bar and fill in the location.

A

Anonymous

Hard man to please/love of the retro look?

Thx for the uploading help

May I ask What Hifi what Sound damping equipment they use as it doesnt look like you have conventional walls. I know its a technical question but one I am yet still to fully understand.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts