Analogue

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I was just thinking to myself & wondering, will any of the tv manufactures samsung, sony, panasonic, philips ect, ect, will any of them be bringing out tv's with analogue tuners for 2012.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Exactly thats what i thought but it just seems a bit bizzare that after X amount of years analogue tv is no more, anyway i thought i would start a thread in case anybody wanted to disscuss it.

daveh75

Only reason for analogue tuners now is those still running rf distibution systems, i.e the rf output from Sky/Freeview boxes etc feeding multiple TVs (and there is still a lot in use, surprisingly)

And of course they may well be sold in other markets where analogue is still in use. It also costs very little to include an analogue tuner.

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've got a distribution system. Freeview on the digital tuner and Virgin tuned to the analogue signal and sent around the house.

New Sony 32kdl524 in the bedroom but a 5 year old 40kdl3000v in the lounge. When that is due for retirement I shall be looking for a replacement with an analogue tuner.

Cliff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts