Analog Graphic Equalizer?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
davedotco said:
ISAC69 said:
The GE was common in the 80's but not today . GE use in home Hi Fi system usually degrade the sound and distort

the original recording features

The current ethos of modern hi-fi in general and this forum in particular, is to buy whatever sounds good to you.

Where's the problem...?

You modify the response of your system by buying expensive cables, why not use an equaliser....?

Oh my god cables again... I never said you have to buy expensive cables you are twisting my words as usual .

You have to demo every component before buying including cables, in my system the cables made a huge positive impact

If in your system cables make no differerence just don't buy it . I used GE many years but not anymore because as advised it has

a negative impact on the sound .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Krorghar said:
In fact I have listen to lots of audiophile top grade speakers, Focal, Sonus Faber, Dali, B&W, KEF ... and in the end, the ones that sounded better to my ears where a pair of, theoretically inferior, and much cheaper Boston Acoustics M350, that are sitting right now next to me.

Which Kef did you hear, was it with the Devialet, and what did you think?

Krorghar

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Krorghar said:
In fact I have listen to lots of audiophile top grade speakers, Focal, Sonus Faber, Dali, B&W, KEF ... and in the end, the ones that sounded better to my ears where a pair of, theoretically inferior, and much cheaper Boston Acoustics M350, that are sitting right now next to me.

Which Kef did you hear, was it with the Devialet, and what did you think?

I listened to a pair of KEF R100 pluged to a primare I32. These were the only KEFs my dealer had in Stock, sounded good, but I found em lacking in Power. I also heard the CM1's with another mid range Amp. For my personal liking, they sounded good but were lacking on power too. Anyway I was conditioned after hearing many floorstanders. I dont know the results they may give out with a Dev Amp, and the SAM system on. CM8's are SAMable and have a good reputation, If you planing to get a Dev and like B&W, I think that listening to that Combo is a must.

If you prefer KEF, the LS50, R300 and Blade models are SAM ready right now, and the Reference 201/2 ,205/2 and 207/2 model will be SAMed soon, acording to its vote list. Anyway, from my experience, the Dev demands some Floorstanders.

Good luck my friend, I seriously recommend the Dev, killer look and superb sound, I'm very happy with mine.

Btw guys what do you think about this monster?

http://dbxpro.com/en-US/products/ieq31

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Krorghar said:
I listened to a pair of KEF R100 pluged to a primare I32. These were the only KEFs my dealer had in Stock, sounded good, but I found em lacking in Power.

That at least explains why the Kef didn't make a better showing. The R100s are the runt of the litter, giving a mere taste of its bigger siblings....ie. only hinting at the power and scale of the Floorstanders.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Krorghar said:
Good luck my friend, I seriously recommend the Dev, killer look and superb sound, I'm very happy with mine.

I think you've made a great decision there. Expensive, yes, but its ability to drive speakers is exceptional.

*drinks*

Matt

PS there's lots of good info on the Unofficial Devialet chat forum (Google will find it for you).

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Krorghar said:
That Marantz EQ515 Is just the kind of Stuff I'm looking for, many thanks eggo, I presume the only way of getting some of these is in the second hand market? Nothing similar being made nowadays?........

No, nobobdy makes this equipment for the domestic market anymore so secondhand is the only option. If you hold out for one complete with its original mic you can equalize your room using the built in pink noise generator and spectrum analyzer on the front.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts