Analog and digital cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have some questions regarding these two formats. When connecting your cd player using digital out to a amp's digit.in does the cd player require the L-R analog outputs to the amp's inputs or can you just use the single digital out cable? If so I have not heard of anyone promoting this for a supposedly surperior sound. ///// Also, I still use my sony minidisc and want to know how to correctly use these cables. I know you can connect the cd digital out to the mini's input. But then it gets a liitle confusing. Can the minidisc analog out to the amp's tape in along with cd player digit.out to minidisc digit in so it requires only 3 cables? One for digital record,the other for playback. If not, then one would have to use only the cd digital out and the minidisc digital in-out to an amp that provides digital facilities. Sounds confusing? I hope not. If you really think about it, it's not. Just trying to use the least amount of cables in the correct manner to get the best possible sound. I hope there is someone out there who still enjoys recording cd to minidisc. Have a great day.
emotion-2.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
On the digital connection from CD player to amp question, you use one or the other. If you connect to the amp via digital optical / coaxial, then the DAC (digital to analogue converter) in the amp will be converting the signal, whereas if you connect via the stereo RCA leads, then the CD player's internal DAC will be doing the conversion. So using a digital connection would only give a superior sound if the DAC in the amp is superior to the DAC in the CD player. The only way to tell is to hook it up both ways and see which you prefer. The other option is of course to connect the digital out in the CD player to an external DAC like the DacMagic. Again, the quality of the internal CD player's DAC will determine if the external DAC produces a better sound or not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts