An old friend..

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
Back in 2008 i sold my arcam cd73 to a mate, we fell out etc and i have not seen him for years. Anyway we got back in contact and he still has the arcam, hardly used it and best of all he gave to me for free. I have not owned a cd player for about 4 years and have mainly been streaming flac as most people are these day's. I hooked the arcam up to my cyrus amp and dug out some old cd's, been rooted on the sofa for 2 hours, what a great bit of kit or more to the point, why did i dump my cd player for streaming when the former sounds clearly better? I also connected my musical fiedlity v-90 dac to the arcam which improved things further by adding a bit of refinement. I'm really quite chuffed and next time im in a musty record store buying vinyl i'll pick some disks up too
shades_smile.gif

I think there may be something about the experience here. Just as LPs are more demanding, and then rewarding if/when they sound really great...maybe handling a disc, slotting it in, reading the notes, and fiddling with the jewel case is all more satifying than tapping 'play'?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
I think there may be something about the experience here. Just as LPs are more demanding, and then rewarding if/when they sound really great...maybe handling a disc, slotting it in, reading the notes, and fiddling with the jewel case ....

That's enough! I can get with you on the whole vinyl LP 'thing' (i had to sell my last 100ish albums to prevent 'urges') I could sit and watch a nice TT playing a record without even listening to it!

But CD? You have to be froughing mad! Evil, tacky little things with unreadable notes and self-destruct packaging.

I buy loads of 'em still, but the fact remains that they are hateful little beggars and best stored away from sight in boxes or folders once dealt with.

chebby said:
nopiano said:
I think there may be something about the experience here. Just as LPs are more demanding, and then rewarding if/when they sound really great...maybe handling a disc, slotting it in, reading the notes, and fiddling with the jewel case ....

That's enough! I can get with you on the whole vinyl LP 'thing' (i had to sell my last 100ish albums to prevent 'urges') I could sit and watch a nice TT playing a record without even listening to it!

But CD? You have to be froughing mad! Evil, tacky little things with unreadable notes and self-destruct packaging.

I buy loads of 'em still, but the fact remains that they are hateful little beggars and best stored away from sight in boxes or folders once dealt with.
. That blows that theory then! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts