Amplifier/Streamer Recommendation for the Shed?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As an Englishman's shed is his castle I would like to upgrade my shed's sound system...

I currently have a 1990s vintage Pioneer car stereo hooked up to a pair of what I think are 1970s vintage KEFs. Would like to upgrade to something that whilst having a better sound can also play digital files (mixture of MP3, Ogg, WAV, FLAC, etc, but could transcode if needed) via a USB drive. Would also like DAB and FM radio. Doubt I need ooddles of power down there.

Wireless streaming and internet radio might be of use if I ever expand the broadband out of the house (currently no signal/connection down the shed but could fit an external repeater at some point).

Any recommendations?

The shed isn't particularly big (12' x12') with metal cabinets around 2/3rds of the walls and a big work bench so acoustics won't be perfect but ideally I want something that can just play away in the background whilst I'm fiddling about down there. Music collection is pretty eclectic, generally anything goes.

Haven't really thought about a budget but the cheaper the better in case it gets nicked.

Sorry this isn't really audiophile but having recently upgraded the home amplification to a s/h Supernait really feel I should also improve the shed...

Thanks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
You could look at the Marantz MCR603 which is around £450 (this will include a CD player), or if you just want a streaming option, how about the Denon Piccolo at £299? Both are small enough to unplug and take back into the house when not in use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts