Amplifier recommendations to use with Tannoy Definition DC8

errt

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about buying Tannoy Defnition DC8 speakers and Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 V2. However I haven't found an Integrated or Power Amplifier that would match my system. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!!
regular_smile.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
CnoEvil said:
Electrocompaniet ECI-5 would be my suggestion, if in budget.

How did they sound together? I almost bought the DC8 ex demo.

I have heard a variety of Tannoy speakers (including the DC 10T) with a variety of Electro amps (including ECI-5 and pre/power)...for my taste, the synergy works well, as Tannoy can sound a little lean and edgy if partnered wrongly. IMO. When partnered with Electro, they sound controlled, detailed, clean and musical.

The CDP was usually the EMC 1UP, which had a big impact on the way it all sounded.

errt

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
BigH said:

Have you heard them?

What sort of budget?

I've heard Tannoy DC8 and Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 V2 together with VTL monoblock power amplifiers which are over my budget.

I've a budget of about £1000 for the amplifiers, maybe a little bit more.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
errt said:
I've heard Tannoy DC8 and Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 V2 together with VTL monoblock power amplifiers which are over my budget.

I've a budget of about £1000 for the amplifiers, maybe a little bit more.

Can you stretch to an ECI-3?......to start getting the most out of those speakers, imo you really need an amp in the £2k - 2.5k

If you have to stick around the £1k mark, maybe the MF M3si, Creek Evo 100a or Electro PI-1.

TRENDING THREADS