amplifier power

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am interested in the Roksan Kandy amp as it has got good reviews from alot of places, but its 120 watt power rating is quite high, and although I have heard that a high power gives better control of speakers etc, I was hoping to pair it with the B&W 685s which have a 100 watt power handling.

Is it definitely dangerous for the speakers to pair these together?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="howard1"]
I am interested in the Roksan Kandy amp as it has got good reviews from alot of places, but its 120 watt power rating is quite high, and although I have heard that a high power gives better control of speakers etc, I was hoping to pair it with the B&W 685s which have a 100 watt power handling.

[/quote]
No problem at all. I've just browsed to the first link I could find on the subject and you may or may not be esp interested in it, but read the very last paragraph...

http://www.axiomaudio.com/power.html

A

Anonymous

[quote user="igglebert"][quote user="howard1"]

[/quote] No problem at all. I've just browsed to the first link I could find on the subject and you may or may not be esp interested in it, but read the very last paragraph...

http://www.axiomaudio.com/power.html[/quote]

cheers for that.Very interesting.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="howard1"]Is it definitely dangerous for the speakers to pair these together? [/quote]

No...unless you plan to host "Party in the Park" this year with them!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gregory"]as most speakers now are insensitive compared with days of yore.[/quote]

Yes, it's not like the early days of kind, caring loudspeakers...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="gregory"]as most speakers now are insensitive compared with days of yore.[/quote]

Yes, it's not like the early days of kind, caring loudspeakers...
[/quote]
But at least you don't have to worry about finding hypoallergenic furniture polish anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts