Amplifier for Pro-ject Essential

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
Those speakers are active, they already have an amplifier in them, so you can't add another one.

?

Thanks. So should I just connect the turntable to the speakers or do I need anything else in between?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ieva said:
The_Lhc said:
Those speakers are active, they already have an amplifier in them, so you can't add another one.

?

Those speakers have a power supply yes?

Thanks. So should I just connect the turntable to the speakers or do I need anything else in between?

I don't know the Essential well enough to know if it has a phono stage built in, if it doesn't you'll need one, and an appropriate cable to connect it to the speakers.

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
I don't know the Essential well enough to know if it has a phono stage built in, if it doesn't you'll need one, and an appropriate cable to connect it to the speakers.

There is a version of Essential with integrated phono-MM preamp and one without. Would the one with the preamp work with those speakers?

A

Anonymous

nads said:
Yes as would the one without but you would need a Phono stage ( amplifier).

I see. Would it make more sense to buy an amplifier seperately then? The price difference between the two (with and without internal amp) is about 100 $. What kind of amp would the best (a good value for money)? Thanks so much for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts