Question Amp vote

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I think the discount is merely a reflection of the recent massive loss of value of the Euro vis-a-vis the Swiss Franc (no Euros in Switzerland) - which is a nice touch, as most companies (audio or other) cannot be bothered to adjust their prices, resulting in an even higher number of people ordering stuff from Germany (or going there for actual shopping in bricks-and-mortar stores, as most Swiss population centres aren't far from the German border anyway), resulting in an accelerated dry-bleeding of the Swiss high streets. So thumbs up for Denon!

And as for your question: The discounted PMA-1600 costs the equivalent of £1200; it used to cost £1700.
in that case it isn't a massive discount, at least not if you were in the UK as it's been that price for a good while.
can you audition it or the Rotel?

suburbansky

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
Thanks - I see that's it's not a massive saving against the UK price, but within the price spectrum here it is indeed (ordering audio gear of that size from the UK is usually not an option).

Stupid question: The Denon is Class A/B, isn't it?

suburbansky

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
Audition everything you can. I would also urge you to have Naim Nait 5si on your list, and also Cyrus One HD and Musical Fidelity M2si.

The only local-ish dealer Cyrus lists far and wide is literally(!) a two-minute walk down the road from my home. Too bad it permanently shuttered about 3, maybe 4 years ago and is Gym now. 🤪

rainsoothe

what about his turntable??
The Cyrus has a very decent inbuilt phono pre, and the Nait 5si is cheaper than a Rega Elex R, which means it can leave budget for a Rega MM or Schiit Mani phono pre. The Musical Fidelity is cheaper still, one could even budget for a Simaudio Moon 110lp v2 with that's left over, and still come under the budget of a Rega Elex. Im not saying this is a better way to go, just that they're all alternatives worth hearing.

Reactions: Al ears
The Cyrus has a very decent inbuilt phono pre, and the Nait 5si is cheaper than a Rega Elex R, which means it can leave budget for a Rega MM or Schiit Mani phono pre. The Musical Fidelity is cheaper still, one could even budget for a Simaudio Moon 110lp v2 with that's left over, and still come under the budget of a Rega Elex. Im not saying this is a better way to go, just that they're all alternatives worth hearing.
I wasn't disagreeing just wondered which of these the OP could actually get for his budget where he is and which he could audition. Prices and availability vary greatly from country to country.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts