Amp recommendation for dali Opticon 6 pretty please !

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
.. just got them, What an amazing sound wow. I am in love.

But now I need to upgrade my amplifiers. I actually sold my NAD 2600a power already because Im not happy with the sound it makes. Its like it only sounds really good with 80's synth pop :)

I am looking for an integrated, should drive 4ohm easily. I like a warm/neutral character.

i would prefer to have as few separate boxes as possible. I need phono and/or DAC inside the amp

alternatives i’ve considered are:

Rega Elex-r

Marantz pm8005 or second hand pm15s1

Yamaha a-s1100

Nad c368/c388

And im -very- interested in the Rotel ra-1570. Would it be too bright for the dalis? Powerful enough??

I would like to know if anyone has tried to pair anything with the Opticon 6s or speakers alike so I can narrow down alternatives for audition. I would be very grateful for an input from anyone.

I will also buy a matching cd-player for the eventual amp...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}

/Benny, Sweden

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You are probably narrowing yourself down unnecessarily. There are phono stages and dacs small enough to hang out the back out of view.

Artoo

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I do not know what your budget is, but the Hegel H160 is currently on sale in Sweden. At 19 KSEK it might be an option?

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
stevebrock said:
I am biased - but love my Primare amplification now ( former Rega fanboy )
yes I just bought a primare cd32 absolutely stunning love this thing.but I wouldn't recommend the i22 with the Dali's.i like drummerman's choice was listening to one last month also Arcam a29.i like Dali with Arcam electronic's

Bemar said:
.. just got them, What an amazing sound wow. I am in love.

But now I need to upgrade my amplifiers. I actually sold my NAD 2600a power already because Im not happy with the sound it makes. Its like it only sounds really good with 80's synth pop :)

I am looking for an integrated, should drive 4ohm easily. I like a warm/neutral character.

i would prefer to have as few separate boxes as possible. I need phono and/or DAC inside the amp

alternatives i’ve considered are:

Rega Elex-r

Marantz pm8005 or second hand pm15s1

Yamaha a-s1100

Nad c368/c388

And im -very- interested in the Rotel ra-1570. Would it be too bright for the dalis? Powerful enough??

I would like to know if anyone has tried to pair anything with the Opticon 6s or speakers alike so I can narrow down alternatives for audition. I would be very grateful for an input from anyone.

I will also buy a matching cd-player for the eventual amp...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}

/Benny, Sweden

I am pretty sure the RA-1570 would have more than sufficient power to do your speakers justice.

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah primare! Ironically i havent heard their equipment yet. Ill add the 80w amp to my candidates..

problem is that their own phono box costs another grand :) but i bet its a sick preamp...

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking about 2k gbp for both amp and cd combo... but I can save up if I feel that its worth it :p im afraid it will be a bit overkill for merely a pair of opticon 6's :) maybe im wrong though

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how bright the japanese marantz's are?spec together w the ribbon tweeters.. I like a solid build quality still..

Also since I have a dacmagic already I can consider keeping it and hide it away somewhere…:)

thank you for all the nice replies :)

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Would you say that its neutral? I probably should audition it properly. I just know for sure that the rotel 1570 fits my taste of sound better.. but i guess for the cost of a solid build. Thats my dilemma

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Bemar said:
Would you say that its neutral? I probably should audition it properly. I just know for sure that the rotel 1570 fits my taste of sound better..  but i guess for the cost of a solid build. Thats my dilemma
yes audition is the best thing to do.I had the Dali opticon 6 and I loved them.i was running a Arcam a19 with them which sounded great.my be a little under powered for them but worked very well together.When I tried some new amps I found the dali's very sensitive so pairing can be difficult.audition is a must

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
gasolin said:
I like my Marantz PM8005 so that is what i will recommend, nothing less than that

Plenty of power looks good and is not that expensive, sounds good and can handle most speaker load, clear open sound not a bass monster but theres not to compain about playing some edm
+1. Had the SA&PM8005 partnered with the opticon 6s for 17 months and could not fault. Due to a great deal on cyber monday, upgraded to the SA&PM 14S1se duo and do not regret the expenditure. A second hand PM14 or 15 would be a good choice, but you won't be disappointed with the 8005s. Good plan to add the matching disc player later, IMHO. When auditioning the Opticons, CA 851? grated immediately, Arcam A29 much better to my ears.

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
emperor's new clothes said:
gasolin said:
I like my Marantz PM8005 so that is what i will recommend, nothing less than that

Plenty of power looks good and is not that expensive, sounds good and can handle most speaker load, clear open sound not a bass monster but theres not to compain about playing some edm
+1. Had the SA&PM8005 partnered with the opticon 6s for 17 months and could not fault. Due to a great deal on cyber monday, upgraded to the SA&PM 14S1se duo and do not regret the expenditure. A second hand PM14 or 15 would be a good choice, but you won't be disappointed with the 8005s. Good plan to add the matching disc player later, IMHO. When auditioning the Opticons, CA 851? grated immediately, Arcam A29 much better to my ears.
Ok thanks. Yeah it looks like im gonna settle for the 8005-series since the sa8005 has an optical input :D :D does it sound good? Im gonna hook up my tv into it. That way it will be a clean setup.

gasolin

Plenty of power looks good and is not that expensive, sounds good and can handle most speaker load, clear open sound not a bass monster but theres nothing to complain about playing some edm

gasolin

All the marantz amps,cdplayers sound good

I have as you can see the cheapest marantz cd, i only use it with my dac/soundcard so i can adjust gain so my pc and cdplayer match in gain, other wise i wouldn't have used my dac/soundcard

gasolin

Bemar said:
emperor's new clothes said:
gasolin said:

Ok thanks. Yeah it looks like im gonna settle for the 8005-series since the sa8005 has an optical input :D :D does it sound good? Im gonna hook up my tv into it. That way it will be a clean setup.
Ask blacksabbath25 ;-)

D

Deleted member 108165

If I remember correctly Sabbath moved-on from the Marantz to an Abrahamsen as he wanted more power for his Opticon 6's/8's... he then uprgraded to a Yamaha AS2100 and stopped his search.

We can all sing the praises of our beloved Marantz's but it is in the ear of the beholder that the deal will be done.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts