Question Amp Pairing for Technics 1200G / Rega Aria / B&W 606S3??

Dave Digs DIY

Jul 3, 2024
Visit site
Hello well informed people.

I was lucky enough to be gifted a Technics SL1200G by my wonderful wife for our anniversary and I hooked it up to my existing Yamaha RX-V677 and an old pair of B&W 601S3’s with a Rega Aria phone stage - sound is ok I guess but I know it could be much better!

I am about to upgrade the speakers to newer B&W 606S3’s and I’m wondering what amp will do this system justice. Ideally I’d also like to hook up my sub too for extra oomph.

Any advice on the best amp to compliment this system would be hugely appreciated (budget up to £1k’ish)

cheers!!!

Hello well informed people.

I was lucky enough to be gifted a Technics SL1200G by my wonderful wife for our anniversary and I hooked it up to my existing Yamaha RX-V677 and an old pair of B&W 601S3’s with a Rega Aria phone stage - sound is ok I guess but I know it could be much better!

I am about to upgrade the speakers to newer B&W 606S3’s and I’m wondering what amp will do this system justice. Ideally I’d also like to hook up my sub too for extra oomph.

Any advice on the best amp to compliment this system would be hugely appreciated (budget up to £1k’ish)

cheers!!!
Are you likely to use streaming or any other sources?
Suggest you look at amplifiers that have the required inputs you need then go audition

This will be used solely for the turntable
In which case you don't need an amplifier that has an inbuilt phono preamp or dac or any other gubbings. Just spend your money on a pure amplifier..... Unfortunately mo st within your budget will come with at least one of these.
I will try to think of some however you shouldn't have any difficulty driving those speakers with any of the usual suspects....
What can you get to audition?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS