Question Amp for two pairs of 6ohm speakers

SeanTheFlute

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
I want a new hifi amp that will drive both of my matched pairs of 6 ohm floor standing speakers at once for twin stereo in a dance/ keep fit room. The speakers are Sony SSE176, and rated maximum input power 90W. What models would do it?

I want a new hifi amp that will drive both of my matched pairs of 6 ohm floor standing speakers at once for twin stereo in a dance/ keep fit room. The speakers are Sony SSE176, and rated maximum input power 90W. What models would do it?
Not too sure why you would want two pairs of speakers going at the same time, are they going to be in different rooms?
Hopefully you have a large budget as you're going to need something pretty powerful to do what you want.
Whilst many will drive two pairs of speakers they normally state eight ohm.

SeanTheFlute

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Not too sure why you would want two pairs of speakers going at the same time, are they going to be in different rooms?
Hopefully you have a large budget as you're going to need something pretty powerful to do what you want.
Whilst many will drive two pairs of speakers they normally state eight ohm.
Hi Thanks for replying. I have two sets of the same kind of speaker, and they sound great together. They are to be used in the corners of a keep fit/ dance room in my house. It's an advantage for example when using a rowing machine in the enclosed space, the level of sound remains constant instead of getting quieter and louder as one moves back and forth. It means one can turn the volume down.
I'm currently looking at a Cambridge Audio CXA81 which claims to drive two sets of speakers impedance 4-8 ohms. A grand is certainly more than I'd like to spend, but if it does the job, it can I suppose be afforded, just.

D

Deleted member 116933

I would look at crown amps designed to drive speakers like this in this sort of config. You'll find them at your local music/dj shops

Edit

Crown XLS 1002 about 250 a pop, you'll need 2 daisy chained together loads of power

Reactions: Al ears

SeanTheFlute

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
I would look at crown amps designed to drive speakers like this in this sort of config. You'll find them at your local music/dj shops

Edit

Crown XLS 1002 about 250 a pop, you'll need 2 daisy chained together loads of power
Thanks for replying. My speakers are maximum input power 90W. Crown amps look too powerful.

D

Deleted member 116933

Thanks for replying. My speakers are maximum input power 90W. Crown amps look too powerful.

Nah you'll be ok as said above be perfect for your config they don't get hot either and being professional gear should be pretty bombproof

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts