Amp for ATC scm 11 s.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JOHN23

Nov 24, 2021
Visit site
I see. Odd combo. Can you not find an ATC CA2 preamp instead.
Not saying it will not work well but most would tend to favour the pre/power combo to come from the same manufacturer, if only for the aesthetics.
Having said that in a pre/power combo of any nature the quality of the preamp is crucial.
Better still instead of buying the two boxes, and paying well for the actual enclosures themselves, why not concentrate on an integrated?
ATC P1 costs 3000 Euros and the preamlifier costs 2200 Euros. The inegrated is more economical ( it costs 4600 Euros ) and Ι think will adopt this solution. Thank you very much.

ATC P1 costs 3000 Euros and the preamlifier costs 2200 Euros. The inegrated is more economical ( it costs 4600 Euros ) and Ι think will adopt this solution. Thank you very much.
I don't know these amps, but it's not uncommon for pre/power and integrated at the same level in a manufacturer's range to be differently-specced. Might be worth asking before you pull the trigger.

No I haven't.

Thanks for your reply (y)

In the main and for a coupe of reasons the the overall performance of the CA2/P1 is ultimately superior to the SIA2-150 MK2 -

1. Better transparency and resolution
2. Power delivery

Now having said this something else also worth bearing in mind is that the CA2/P1 and the SIA2-150 MK2 somewhat differ in their presentation. The SIA2-150 MK2 has a slightly richer and fuller tone whereas in comparison the CA2/P1 is clearer, faster and a little more direct.

Btw, at this price level we’ve found curved SCM11 passive monitors also respond well with other amplification such as Naim Audio’s SuperNait 3, Norma Audio IPA-70B and Kinki Studio Audio EX-M1+ integrated amplifiers.

The SIA2-150 MK2, CA2/P1, SuperNait 3, IPA-70B and the EX-M1+ amongst their other qualities are high current amplifiers and is a quality that ATC Transducers relish :)

Reactions: JOHN23 and nopiano

JOHN23

Nov 24, 2021
Visit site

In the main and for a coupe of reasons the the overall performance of the CA2/P1 is ultimately superior to the SIA2-150 MK2 -

2. Power delivery

Now having said this something else also worth bearing in mind is that the CA2/P1 and the SIA2-150 MK2 somewhat differ in their presentation. The SIA2-150 MK2 has a slightly richer and fuller tone whereas in comparison the CA2/P1 is clearer, faster and a little more direct.

Btw, at this price level we’ve found curved SCM11 passive monitors also respond well with other amplification such as Naim Audio’s SuperNait 3, Norma Audio IPA-70B and Kinki Studio Audio EX-M1+ integrated amplifiers.

The SIA2-150 MK2, CA2/P1, SuperNait 3, IPA-70B and the EX-M1+ amongst their other qualities are high current amplifiers and is a quality that ATC Transducers relish :)

2. Power delivery

Since only the first three amps are available here, I am thinking of SIA2-150 MK2 as the best solution concerning my budget.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: MUSICRAFT

JohanEk

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
I have the Scm11's and got two very different amplifiers at home.
An Exposure 3010s2 and an Audio Analogue AACento.

I have put the Exposure out on sale and keeping the italian AACento because the match really is great.
Bigger sense of 3d, more natural vocals, a bit to the warmer side which really fits the ATC, at least for my ears.
The soundstage is both wider and deeper.
Compared to the Audio Analogue the Exposure sounds a bit dry and closed in.

Reactions: JOHN23

JOHN23

Nov 24, 2021
Visit site
I have the Scm11's and got two very different amplifiers at home.
An Exposure 3010s2 and an Audio Analogue AACento.

I have put the Exposure out on sale and keeping the italian AACento because the match really is great.
Bigger sense of 3d, more natural vocals, a bit to the warmer side which really fits the ATC, at least for my ears.
The soundstage is both wider and deeper.
Compared to the Audio Analogue the Exposure sounds a bit dry and closed in.
Exposure was proposed to me by a local dealer. I think that it is too small ( 2*105 Watt at 1 KHz ).
There is no dealer for AAcento in my country .
Finally I purchased Rotel 1592 ( 2*200WRMS @ 8 Ω ) and I think that for the money, it drives the speakers well. Detailed soundstage with
natural vocals and real bass.
Thank you for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts