Amp + cd-player combo?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In general is it wise to buy amp and cd-player from the same brand / series? In theory they should be designed to bring out the best in each component, right?

I’m looking at Creek Destiny but buying both integrated amp and cd-player would take up most of my savings.
emotion-2.gif
Would the Creek amp and my current player (Arcam 73T) work well together?

Speakers are AP Scorpio…

John Duncan

I think there are benefits in keeping pairs together, yes, but I've said before that you should spend more on your amp and speakers than on your CD player. I therefore think you'd be astounded by just the Destiny amp powering your current player. if you must buy both, you should consider the Classic (I have the amp, which is lovely - if you can find a stockist) which would save you a lot of money, and will give you most of the performance of the more expensive Creek pair.

There are a lot of matching systems in your price range though, maybe you should look around - the Naim 5i series - the amp just got a glowing WHF review, Primare CD21 and i21 (gaaaaaaawgeous), Cyrus, an Arcam FMJ to add to your existing player...........world's your oyster.

A

Anonymous

Thank you, John.

One of my local dealers have the Primare CD21/ i21 set up for about the price of the Creek Destiny amp alone. I will try to test them at home - same with the Creek.

John Duncan

Will you be able to do both at once to compare? Despite my advocating amp and speakers over source, I think I'd find the Primare pair hard to resist - that Primare volume knob is worth the admission price alone
emotion-1.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Certain brands like Primare, Musical Fidelity and Naim are working well together. Some brands's cd player are much better than thier amps and vice versa.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts