Amp and speakers would they go together well with my music? any answers appreciated.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am planning on buying a new hi-fi amplifier and a couple of hi-fi speakers. I will use Focal Chorus V826 speakers and a Marantz PM 15S1 amplifier in a room that is slighty bigger than 20 meterssquared. The kind of music I listen to is classic rock and jazz. For instance, Pink floyd, Supertramp, Deep Purple etc. Now, would these speakers and amp go together well, and if yes, would they fit this kind of music? In this price range of 3500 euro do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for usefull answers.

A

Anonymous

I will be using a Marantz SA7003 CD player. The reason is because they seem to be the best I can afford and I haven't heard them yet.

matthewpiano

I would recommend drawing up more of a shortlist then and securing an audition of 2 or 3 different combinations. I've not heard the PM15 or the particular Focals you mention so couldn't possibly comment on their suitability. Focal speakers are usually extremely good and from my experience would suit your tastes very well but do also try competitors.

I would certainly be tempted to look at the NAD stuff - the C355 amp is particularly well suited to your style of music.

I'm sure a few suggestions will pour in from the regulars here...

A

Anonymous

Great thanks on your suggestions matthewpiano. If anybody else could suggest anything or give feedback please do so.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts